Thread: Boone Hall Oyster Festival Sunday 2/6

Default Boone Hall Oyster Festival Sunday 2/6

Anyone else going??
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Shooweee I'd like one of dem VIP passes!!

Me too. LOL!!!! Sadly, my source for freebies died. I'm going to be there and honor the man. By drinking and eating my full portion.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

who is it honoring? I know about the event on the 18th there at Boone Hall.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    who is it honoring? I know about the event on the 18th there at Boone Hall.
    Well, it's not really honoring Willie, but anytime I get to go walk the place my friend loved, I go.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Got married there …beautiful place

We loved going years ago but it got so crowded we stopped. Haven't been back since around 2015.
    Is it still super crowded these days?

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    We loved going years ago but it got so crowded we stopped. Haven't been back since around 2015.
    Is it still super crowded these days?
    Every yankee below the line will be there, braying like the Nanny, wearing Joisey Boyz gear and saying youse guys

the 2 yutes will be there?

Like I say, it used to be a lot of fun but the last time we went I decided I would rather pay twice the ticket price if it would cut down on the crowd than to ever go back to that goat roping again. Way too many tickets are sold for that event and it takes away from the enjoyement.
    We used to camp at the KOA and I had to run up to Summerville that morning to check on the dog. By the time I came back down cars were backed up a mile both ways on 526 that morning and Hwy 17 wasn't any better.
    It was so crowded that getting a beer or taking a piss was nothing but long lines. Didn't even try to eat oysters there. Got irritated and left early, went back to the campground and got hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Like I say, it used to be a lot of fun but the last time we went I decided I would rather pay twice the ticket price if it would cut down on the crowd than to ever go back to that goat roping again. Way too many tickets are sold for that event and it takes away from the enjoyement.
    We used to camp at the KOA and I had to run up to Summerville that morning to check on the dog. By the time I came back down cars were backed up a mile both ways on 526 that morning and Hwy 17 wasn't any better.
    It was so crowded that getting a beer or taking a piss was nothing but long lines. Didn't even try to eat oysters there. Got irritated and left early, went back to the campground and got hammered.
    My woman requires the VIP pass. We don't like mingling with the Dirty North. It was enjoyable last time we went. We do have a get hammered fall back plan. Like I said Willie was a damn good friend for over 25 years and we get to stay in touch with him in spirit. I make sure Nan wears her nice bracelet so Willie knows he missed at least once. ( great story there) He was one hell of a guy.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    My woman requires the VIP pass. We don't like mingling with the Dirty North. It was enjoyable last time we went. We do have a get hammered fall back plan. Like I said Willie was a damn good friend for over 25 years and we get to stay in touch with him in spirit. I make sure Nan wears her nice bracelet so Willie knows he missed at least once. ( great story there) He was one hell of a guy.
    By all accounts, he did a tremendous amount for the sporting community. Enjoy!

The Bracelet story revolves around his favorite sporting pastime.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

CCA needs menbers to volunteer for shell collection. Includes entry and a T shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

That thing was a zoo when I quit going in 2000. I can't imagine how crowded it is now.