Thread: Truck experts

Default Truck experts

If you had a 2014 ram big horn 4x4 with 167000 mile what would you realistically expect to get for trade in value on a new truck or sale price to someone? Truth I’ve mechanically I. Excellent condition 2 small dents one on top crease of tailgate and one on hood from a rock. Step bars and ran rubber floor mats in front and back. One place said 12500 for trade in and another 16500 and I have no idea retail wise. I have seen anywhere from 16-23 for comparable trucks. Thanks

14-16k if dents aren’t too bad

Get a blue book value first so you know the general value. Dealers are paying top dollar for used trucks right now cause they dont have anything else to sell.
    Last edited by centurian; 01-26-2022 at 09:42 PM.

I would think more than you were offered, but without know the specs and general condition it's hard to say. Kelly Blue Book or NADA will be good guides.

Dealers are emailing previous customers asking to buy back the vehicle they previously sold them

JT offered 16500 on a 62000 truck
    Love 12500 on 58000 truck
    If love Chevy offered what JT did I would be driving around in a damn nice truck right now. I have numbers in my head and I ain’t budging

Quote Originally Posted by cuforester View Post
    JT offered 16500 on a 62000 truck
    Love 12500 on 58000 truck
    If love Chevy offered what JT did I would be driving around in a damn nice truck right now. I have numbers in my head and I ain’t budging
    That’s 4000.00 difference on trade in between the two but there is also 4k difference in asking price. Basically it’s the same value.
    Last edited by KRT; 01-26-2022 at 10:57 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

What is the dodge worth KRT if I were to sell it

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    That’s 4000.00 difference on trade in between the two but there is also 4k difference in asking price. Basically it’s the same value.
    some people don't understand-(THE DEAL =my truck+ $$$= good deal for me- buy it). Dealers move numbers around all the time for their purposes- all that matters is THE DEAL

You may do better to sell out right. I hear some crazy number people are getting for offers.

Screw a trade. Sell out right and then go buy the new truck. You'll save thousands. Heck, the worst salesman could sell a used truck right now.

Here is Manheim Market Report (auction)
    More fuel = more boost!!

Date on left, price it sold for next, and the mileage beside that
    More fuel = more boost!!

More fuel = more boost!!

So to summarize what is being shown at auction is that dealers are willing to pay retail prices at auction right now because they need inventory and there is always the chance they can use that inventory to get trades in at reasonable prices, thus the price you were offered for yours. New car dealers are only able to stay in business with used cars/trucks right now. Sounds crazy but I have friends that have received crazy offers from the likes of Carvana and the other pay you pick it up sites. My only recommendation is to have whatever you want to buy next priced out before you do. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

We were offered 5k more than we paid for my wife’s 2020 suburban from The dealership we purchased at.

A 2022 will cost us 30k more than we paid for her 2020 2 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Thanks guys

Recently took my mother's Mercedes to dealers to see what it would bring. Fairly low mileage. Ended up Carmax beat everyone ranging from 3000 to 1500 difference. Carmax was 5500. Then an individual matched Carmax. Not wanting to deal with Carmax anymore for legal reasons on the POA, the individual got it.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.