Thread: Sometimes, well, the...

Default Sometimes, well, the...

Boar eats you...

Italian hunter dies after suffering fatal bite from boar he shot: report
    Hunter's father was reportedly treated at scene for shock

An Italian hunter died last week after he was attacked by a wild boar he had just shot that bit him in the leg and severed his femoral artery, according to reports.

Giulio Burattini, 36, was hunting with his father in the Tuscan woods on Jan. 19, the Daily Star reported, citing Italian media. Burattini shot the animal and it fell. He approached the injured boar and it quickly got up and charged at him, the report said. The father, who was treated for shock at the scene, reportedly let out a "desperate cry for help."

"That cry for help and then nothing more," the friend said, according to the paper. Emergency crews could not save Burattini.

In Italy’s rural areas, hunting wild boar is a popular sport and most Italians can offer a long list of their favorite wild boar dishes, including pappardelle pasta with boar sauce and wild boar stew. Italy’s main agriculture lobby, Coldiretti, estimates there are over 2 million wild boars in Italy.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...nter-dies-boar

That's terrible.

Go to the chicken king in Chester and let the owner tell you some stories about hunting pigs in Greece. Wild stuff and not the same type pigs we got over here
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

When my wife and I went to Italy 5-6 years ago the Ragu al Cinghiale (wild boar) was my favorite dish there. Little hole in the wall looking restaurants, in tiny Tuscan towns overlooking vineyards drinking carafes of local red poured from a tap. That shite was the jam. I'd go back just for that meal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    That's terrible.

Go to the chicken king in Chester and let the owner tell you some stories about hunting pigs in Greece. Wild stuff and not the same type pigs we got over here
    I assume this video was taken somewhere over there. I originally thought the small animals running beside the pig we're piglets due to the size difference. https://m.facebook.com/#!/story.php?...00001157734233
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    I originally thought the small animals running beside the pig we're piglets due to the size difference.
    It's a bit grainy but some of those dogs look like they might be Jagdterriers. They have a reputation for being utterly fearless and having relentless prey drive. I talked with a breeder about getting one and he told me a story about one he shipped to another breeder in Texas. Somewhere along the way, the dog got out of his sky kennel while in the cargo hold of the plane, broke into a few other kennels and killed another dog, some rabbits and a couple of ferrets.