Thread: Tractor Rops light bar

Default Tractor Rops light bar

With family and schedule as it is most of the time we end up doing a lot of our planting at night. As y'all know headlights on a tractor with a loader don't do much. I want to mount a forward facing light bar and 2 rear facing led pods on the roll bar of each of my tractors. I am looking at the nilight bars on Amazon. They seem to have pretty good reviews. My question is, how many watts do I need? I see the bars as low as 75w all the way to 420w and the pod lights anywhere from 18w all the to 60w. I know nothing about electrical but I'm sure the more watts the better. I don't want to have to install additional fuse box or anything like that. Just simple hook up to batter with relay and in line fuse. Thanks in advance
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

If you wire it correctly with a relay, you can throw some major watts.

Buy the light bar you want. Wire in a relay and go plant.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I have 3 flood LEDs on the canopy of JD 5045. 2 facing front corners and one center rear. Switch on the dash. I can do about anything I need to at night with them, makes loader work easy and I plant no-till grazing a lot at night.

LED lights won't pull enough to hurt your battery

Harbor freight has a set up already pre wired with a relay and switch. That’s what I ran my lights on my ranger with. Pretty easy install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you need a relay with an led light? Buy a quality switch and roll on. Not some shitty as junk that comes with a kit.

Why not run a tap splice into the head light wires so that the light bar comes on when you turn the headlights on? That’s how I have it done on our big tractor and it works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Tap slice that is soldered and properly covered is good. Given the added load is okay for circuitry in place.

A blue dammit trailer wiring splice is for throwing in the garbage.