Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Him

Don’t get used to it!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I still kinda want that boat.. the one the gentleman on Edisto owned back in the day. I remember seeing it for the first time when I was around 16
    I tried to chase it down for Huntinhagen last spring, but the hunt ended in a Walterboro scrapyard. Would have loved to have seen her again. I wrote a story when I was a kid about shooting ducks out of that battleship I need to type up...

You remember this one. Unc driving a beetle to the hole. I remember seeing the pavement going by under my feets through the holes in the floorboard of that rig...

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Don’t get used to it!
    Lol! I’m just thankful I don’t have to mess with that stinky public land anymore!
    867-5309

Thanks for sharing Bog and Nitro. My dad was a casual hunter at best but as I got older and more into it he made it a point to tag along. My brother and I and now my son have drug him to Oklahoma, Miss, and Missouri. He could care less about shooting a duck but he loves to hang out with his kids and his grandson. Drinking brown liquor and sitting around a fire with him while watching ducks in the sky is what I'll remember most about those trips when he's gone. I had the good fortune a couple weeks ago to hit the Black Duck jackpot and I agree there's nothing like working those awesome birds into the decoys. Lord willing I get the opportunity to do it again.

Dad, Lester and me in Lower Valier before it got ruined. Fun morning that ended about 0930 when Lester asked Dad if he could hear Bacon frying. We lost Lester a couple years later. Hell of a duck hunter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I recognize your father, my FIL, and B

Great read!!! My FIL is a big time deer hunter, never too big on waterfowling. Last year he killed a black duck drake. No frame of reference for how rare of a bird they are. After I let him know, hes now got a singular black duck on the wall next to his collection of antlers. Thanks for sharing!

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

Great read and a good job Bog. The king of ducks is a true prize ! Just like a leaping tarpon - bow to the king!
    Last edited by DUCKMAN; 12-01-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Hagen, I know where one of those boats is now if you are still looking...

Miss these good threads. Here is another.

https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...s-dark-in-here

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Hagen, I know where one of those boats is now if you are still looking...
    PM coming your way ...

One of the coolest pictures of all time.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

That sucker was banded too...

great thread going here. brings back a lot of memories.

I have only killed a couple handfuls of black ducks over the years but I do remember each and every one. Always said I was going to mount one, but never did. All of them were served as a meal and I don't even remember anything special about the way they were prepared.

God willing I ever kill another and its a drake, I'll be spending some money to get him properly preserved.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Nice read, Bog..dusky ducks indeed.
    At least I'm housebroken.

I’ve only mounted one. One of the biggest I’ve seen. Public Salt Marsh SC bird.
    I nearly cleaned him but was talked out of it by a buddy who took him to Jimmy Hortman for me.
    I’m glad I listened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

They are smart.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They are smart and will be in place's you would never believe. We had 25+ land on a frozen pothole in upstate somewhere along time ago and had to call off the shoot after my buddy said I got 5 lined up. I stood up and flushed them and said SHOOT! Blew the bill off all our limits. Before the HOLE got fucked up with the yankees moving in we would have a chance on a couple on the regular. Call bullshit if you want but Canvasback too. Just have to be on location is all I got
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I have killed several of both right up the river from the Hole...