Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Softest kicking 12G auto

Default Softest kicking 12G auto

The brain trust here has probably shot evert 12G ever made- A friend wants to buy his wife her first shotgun for occasional bird use but primarily skeet and sporting clays- she has asked for either an auto or O/U.
    She has shot pumps, a Benelli M1 and a Beretta 3901. She has never shot anything with recoil reduction- none of us have-
    His budget is around $1500

Thanks in advance

Beretta A400 xtreme plus

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Beretta A400 xtreme plus
    Yep with kickoff. Crazy how light the recoil is. Close thread.

M2 is a very light kick as well
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

SBE with Comfortech. I got two buddies who hunt with them, and that Comfortech makes you think you’re getting kicked in the shoulder by Tinkerbell.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Yep with kickoff. Crazy how light the recoil is. Close thread.
    Yep

Default Softest kicking 12G auto

I’m going to throw this out there. This is a cheap Beretta but damnit if it doesn’t impress me the more I shoot it. A300 Ultima, this one is in 20 gauge and I’ve shot the 12 gauge model as well, equally as soft recoiling with the kick off system. You can get into this gun for less than $750 and I’m not sure your gonna find a gas gun that fits the bill better than this one. It’s basically a A400 receiver with 391 gas system and bolt, hard to beat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by ccleroy; 01-22-2022 at 06:07 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

My browning silver kicks less than my A400

Beretta Extrema 2 with kickoff but my main comparison is a Mossberg 500 pump. Compared to that it is nothing.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 01-22-2022 at 06:12 PM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Beretta A400 xtreme plus
    X3.

When an 8 year old prefers a SBE3 over a .410, ya gotta give the Benelli a vote.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

A400 Black.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Remington versa max is the lightest I’ve ever shot. It’s also the heaviest so that helps. Beretta A400 and browning maxus are close behind

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    I’m going to throw this out there. This is a cheap Beretta but damnit if it doesn’t impress me the more I shoot it. A300 Ultima, this one is in 20 gauge and I’ve shot the 12 gauge model as well, equally as soft recoiling with the kick off system. You can get into this gun for less than $750 and I’m not sure your gonna find a gas gun that fits the bill better than this one. It’s basically a A400 receiver with 391 gas system and bolt, hard to beat it.

Sha has found on of these to borrow for a hunt.
    Thanks everyone.

She. One. Dang typing on a phone

Give us an honest review when y’all run it, I’m very interested in what you and your kid thinks.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Remington versa max is the lightest I’ve ever shot. It’s also the heaviest so that helps. Beretta A400 and browning maxus are close behind
    I’ve shot the V3 and it’s a soft shooting gun too.
    Last edited by CreekGeek; 01-23-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post

I’m looking at purchasing one in a 12 gauge. Have you had any issues with trigger not resetting? I’ve seen some reviews about this being a problem. I really like the feel of this gun especially for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ducribb View Post
    I’m looking at purchasing one in a 12 gauge. Have you had any issues with trigger not resetting? I’ve seen some reviews about this being a problem. I really like the feel of this gun especially for the money.
    No sir, I’ve not seen any problems out of the ones we’ve been shooting.

It's NOT gonna be ANY lightweight inertia driven shotgun. The least kicking gun is the heaviest one you can find..... simple physics. Fit and stock angle can affect perceived recoil as well. It's gonna be different for everybody.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly