Thread: Truck gun optic

Default Truck gun optic

I have a weapon that I carry scouting, putting out corn...pretty much all the time when not actually hunting. It currently has an inexpensive scope on it which has served its purpose but I want something better. I'm considering moving to a better fixed power scope, going back to iron sights or a red dot. I want something that has quick target acquisition, light weight and accurate out to 75-100yds.

My first thought was red dot but I wasn't sure how accurate they are at that distance. I've never shot a rifle with one. Any experiences?

Thanks,
    Mike

Acog
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

A truck gun is a gun. The end. Get an appropriate optic for your intended range
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

75-100 yds? Vortex Spitfire AR.

I'd recommend a 1-4x or 1-6x in whatever your budget allows, but I wouldnt go too cheap as its gonna get knocked around a bit by nature of being a "truck" gun. Mine stays on 1x and I can see the end of the barrel through the scope.

I have a 1-3 on my Safari rifle and hate the power down at 1. You’re better off not having it or expecting to use the scope in a traditional way only. Red dot might be ok, but I’ve never had one on a deer hunting rifle, only AR styles

Eotech

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    Eotech
    I rock an eotech. They’re nice. Primary arms makes 1-6x lpvo that’ll do the trick. Great reviews and they’re less than $500

Could always roll an eotech and a magnifier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortex Gen II-E 1-6, unless you have no desire for magnification, in which case, the Aimpoint PRO or H2
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-22-2022 at 05:39 PM.