Thread: Found some ducks in the West coast

Default Found some ducks in the West coast

Too bad I didn't have time or the resources to put together a hunt while I was there. Saw a few cinnamon teal up close and personal. That was a treat.

Surprised to see mostly Shovelers but no pintails. A few gwt mixed in and some mallards. A little north of San Jose.

A company we do business with was adjacent and the marshes there were a refuge. There was a series of walking trails and the ducks didn't seem to mind us too much.

Sorry for bad pics but wanted to share.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I see some aquatic vegetation. I hope you promised to send them a load of carp to fix it...

Damn man!! You were only an hour from me! What other resource did you need?
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

TSA took the carp out at the check point. Need to get more inventive on getting em thru. More to come on that...

RK, needed guns, shells and size 8 waders far as the resources go. Unfortunately, didn't have time to hunt even if I had all that stuff. Got there late Tuesday, was in meetings with a partner company all day Wed & Th in Morgan Hill, then on to Freemont Fri morn, back to SJC to head back to SC at 1pm, landed late Friday night at CAE. Woke up this morn and went down to Charleston for a buddy's retirement at the AFB. Wish I did have time to come hunt with ya though.

Airfare wasn't that bad though. Might need to plan a trip out there next season. Would love to take a cinnamon teal for the collection. Would cross another species of the list too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-22-2022 at 09:49 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft