Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dale Jr inducted in HOF

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    And Dave Marcus

Yes, Jr needs to be in based on his contributions to the sport No so much on his driving but like most, his last name(which is one hell of a name) got him a lot of places other drivers never would go

He had huge shoes to fill that will never be filled
    What exactly did he contribute other than being born halfway between home and 3rd and the catcher just hucked it into left field on the pickle play?
    Last edited by Glenn; 01-26-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Just because gay pride month is coming doesn't mean half of y'all have to act like fags

Someone put that face in the pic with Larry potterfield
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 01-26-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    What exactly did he contribute other than being born halfway between home and 3rd and the catcher just hucked it into left field on the pickle play?
    Had a huge impact on fan base which translates to recognition and money for the sport

Not a Jr fan or hater but like him or not he did have a huge impact on the sport

^^^ yeah, that's pretty much gay as hell. I wouldn't wear that shirt even if I was Junior himself.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 01-26-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You can’t write the story of NASCAR without Dale Jr being in the book.
    You mean Dale Sr.

His son wasn’t that great

I think Junior is a great story for enjoying such financial success despite his debilitating allergy.

Had a huge impact on fan base which translates to recognition and money for the sport

Not a Jr fan or hater but like him or not he did have a huge impact on the sport
    Were his last name smith and everything else the same he would have had zero perceived impact.

Jr was never going to be the driver his dad was. He was given a chance to compete on the big stage by cutting in line ahead of others that paid their dues only by his last name. He and Teresa took what was left of DEI and sunk it then sold it. That was his route to being a factor in NASCAR but the whole family thing didnt work out at DEI.
    Last edited by centurian; 01-26-2022 at 11:33 AM.

you all do forget that Jr does have championships in NASCAR. He could wheel a car no doubt and his record at restrictor plate tracks proves that. When Sr. was alive jr was one of the most promising and talented drivers week in and week out, he was more focused and that was evident. After senior died and the concussions Jr. lost focus and didn't prepare like he should have during the week and he has admitted that. I think with Sr. gone he lost the only person he cared about working to impress. Now whether or not he deserves the HOF my vote is yes but it's not based solely on his on track results.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Jr was never going to be the driver his dad was. He was given a chance to compete on the big stage by cutting in line ahead of others that paid their dues only by his last name. He and Teresa took what was left of DEI and sunk it then sold it. That was his route to being a factor in NASCAR but the whole family thing didnt work out at DEI.
    Jr had nothing to do with sinking DEI, that was all on Teresa... and to say Jr. Cut in line? the kid had 2 Busch series championships so with all due respect that is a pretty ridiculous statement.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    Jr had nothing to do with sinking DEI, that was all on Teresa... and to say Jr. Cut in line? the kid had 2 Busch series championships so with all due respect that is a pretty ridiculous statement.
    How you think he got in a competitive bush car. And He drove for DEI before defecting the Hendricks

Restrictor plate wins are the equivalent to Clemson football championships

Bullshit. The only type of race that relies solely on driving since all cars are pretty much equal.

Regardless it is getting close to WWF anyway with all the authenticity in NASCAR. They are the next sport to go woke, well the only one not full bore woke anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Bullshit. The only type of race that relies solely on driving since all cars are pretty much equal.
    David regan, sterling martin, Derricke cope, Michael Waltrip, Clint bower, Jaimie mcmurray, Brian vickers and even Bubba Wallace can win a plate race. Come one sw you're better than that

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    ^^^ yeah, that's pretty much gay as hell. I wouldn't wear that shirt even if I was Junior himself.
    BiO_8tBCQAApUYb.jpg

Sr. knew best.

Bubba Wallace won a rain delay that "just couldn't be finished". Comparing Dale Earnhardt, Jr to bubba wallace is sacrilege.

And Dave Marcus

Yes, Jr needs to be in based on his contributions to the sport No so much on his driving but like most, his last name(which is one hell of a name) got him a lot of places other drivers never would go

He had huge shoes to fill that will never be filled
    Tell us some of his contributions. He only won most popular driver because of his last name and bill idiot retired