Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dale Jr inducted in HOF

That ain't toby keith, you gettin old boy
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The absolute last nascar race I watched was when Dale checked out.......Lost all interest after that.

Quote Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
    If 8 had not been there to fill the void when the Greatest Driver of All Time passed away, nascar would have wasted away and died even faster than it has.
    Ward Burton is still alive.

I put a dolla on the 8, Tyler Reddick, to win it all next year to win 33. He can drive and Childress would not have him in the car if he could not. Young man gave it hell last year
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    That ain't toby keith, you gettin old boy
    And blind

11 years ago.

RIP#3

Where were you when the world stopped turning on that February day

I was riding home in my jonboat from another lakehouse.. my buddies down the lake had that race on and the Clemson and Tarheels game on at the same time. Back then, and during that time of year I figured the boat was the safest option. I didn't see until later that night, I didn't really watch any of them because I wasn't into really anything.. but I remember that night.

I was at SC state in a step competition. I was designated stepper so needless to say I wasn't watching TV.
    Long ride home back to Clemson. I never step teamed again.

I watched all that unfold on TV. Knew something was wrong way before it was suggested by the announcers. Not a fan of either Earnhardt but i do know NASCAR lost a lot of fans that day. Even now a lot of #3 fans are no longer active fans.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    I watched all that unfold on TV. Knew something was wrong way before it was suggested by the announcers. Not a fan of either Earnhardt but i do know NASCAR lost a lot of fans that day. Even now a lot of #3 fans are no longer active fans.
    Rainbow warrior
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

It was the last race I watched. I knew when he hit straight on he couldn't not make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    It was the last race I watched. I knew when he hit straight on he couldn't not make it.
    No way. There had been hundreds and hundreds of wrecks way worse, and I mean way worse than his and people walked away without a scuff
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    No way. There had been hundreds and hundreds of wrecks way worse, and I mean way worse than his and people walked away without a scuff
    I agree it was not a horrific crash but at the wrong angle by a mere degree that caused the laws of physics to intervene. Who would have thought that was possible and an unheard of danger that brought about new safety innovations. Fact is had he ran his usual race strategy, running for the win, instead of trying to block the field, an act he cursed with vengeance, he would have jointed all in victory lane. Just my opinion but a dark day in the end that should have been a triumph.

I instantly knew it was bad when there was zero movement in the car
    No helmet coming off, no net being taken off the door window, nothing moved inside the car

All the energy was absorbed in an instant unlikely a car flipping to a stop. You much have a rollever than hit tree straight on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    All the energy was absorbed in an instant unlikely a car flipping to a stop. You much have a rollever than hit tree straight on.
    Bingo

Was at the race sitting in the same seats i had sat in many a year before where i watched the 3 win & lose a few. When he hit i told my wife that didn't look good. Listened to the scanner & was watching & nothing happened, i was like uh oh. Then we saw Schrader freaking out & the tarp over the car, & i knew it was real bad. Sad day driving home to Chas.