Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release Quail

Default Release Quail

Anywhere around Columbia / Sumter to pick up a couple dozen birds to shoot this weekend?

Some available in Salters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC Thomas
    Orangeburg

He usually likes a weeks heads up for anything over a few but he might be able to do it

Quote Originally Posted by wkjohns View Post
    Some available in Salters

Got a contact # you could PM me?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

(843)312-0880
    William

What are y'all doing price per bird right now? Flight ready
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Good luck. Everyone is short this year.

Still at $4 but that could change soon

Any contacts around the upstate with some left?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Tammie quail.

non migratory put and take
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Tasty quail.
    FIFY.

Not as good as wild birds of course, but we float em in Peanut oil just the same.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

So you guys don't have a problem shooting pen raised quail, but do have a problem shooting pen raised ducks?

Seems legit.

yes. would you like to learn more about the differences? or do you have your mind made up that they are even related?

or you can use that old search button thingie. its been argued a lot. I am quite comfortable recognizing the differences.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Has anyone ever harvested a quail that was banded in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    yes. would you like to learn more about the differences? or do you have your mind made up that they are even related?

or you can use that old search button thingie. its been argued a lot. I am quite comfortable recognizing the differences.
    Actually…there is now some anecdotal evidence to support released quail having adverse effects on wild populations. If you are actively and intensely managing for wild birds it is advisable not to release mature flight ready birds. There’s some evidence of them spreading diseases to wild birds. Again extremely anecdotal. I’m saying all this as someone who releases birds on a regular basis to shoot.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Actually…there is now some anecdotal evidence to support released quail having adverse effects on wild populations. If you are actively and intensely managing for wild birds it is advisable not to release mature flight ready birds. There’s some evidence of them spreading diseases to wild birds. Again extremely anecdotal. I’m saying all this as someone who releases birds on a regular basis to shoot.

But nowhere near the same category as releasing pen raised waterfowl to co-mingle with migratory waterfowl.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Yeah but 2th read that field and stream magazine from 2005 on the table in his waiting room during the snow days. Don't question him
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Naw.. this site's long beliefs has been to frown upon tame ducks. I for one think it's disgusting and not hunting.. it varies from released quail being as tame quail aren't flying around humping everything and or being used as live decoys. They are indeed as boring to shoot.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 01-20-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Naw.. this site's long beliefs has been to frown upon tame ducks. I for one think it's disgusting and not hunting.. it varies from released quail being as tame quail aren't flying around humping everything and or being used as live decoys. They are indeed as boring to shoot.
    But, how far do you have to kick them to make them fly?