Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC Quail Forever Events

Default SC Quail Forever Events

At least I'm housebroken.

3 more couples wanna split a table?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Nothing in the upstate?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Nothing in the upstate?
    Nothing yet..I will check.

We need a pee dee area chapter to get going

Maybe it wont be as “cool” as DU’s liquor and sticker events and have people truly interested in helping bring back the bobwhite.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

THey have a great big ol Chapter in Charleston, Newberry/Whitmire, and the Upstate...they are as serious as they can be about habitat restoration and creation from everything I have seen. I worked on DU committees, RGS committees, and have never seen a direct impact on anything locally as I have seen QF do. I back them 100%, even though I am poor and old. Lolz

Man Newberry/Whitmire is right around the corner from me and I’ve never heard of it. Got some buddies that would also be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Man Newberry/Whitmire is right around the corner from me and I’ve never heard of it. Got some buddies that would also be interested.
    Midlands Chapter is the name of the Whitmire area one ...Ty Holland is Chapter President. He owns and operates Gunrise Farms (a shooting preserve). Solid guy. I think that information is on the website above.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    We need a pee dee area chapter to get going
    There used to be one around Galivants Ferry. It was a few older guys. They held a skeet shoot a time or two. Not sure if they are still going or not.

I’ll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by CreekGeek View Post
    There used to be one around Galivants Ferry. It was a few older guys. They held a skeet shoot a time or two. Not sure if they are still going or not.
    Probably back when it was called Quail Unlimited?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Midlands Chapter is the name of the Whitmire area one ...Ty Holland is Chapter President. He owns and operates Gunrise Farms (a shooting preserve). Solid guy. I think that information is on the website above.
    A shooting preserve in the worse possible place. I don’t see how any good can come from turning loose pen raised birds in the middle of the Indian Creek quail focal area.

They had a banquet at Newberry Fire Dept Conference center back in Nov and then a hunt competition at preserve the next day. A member here won it.

I don't use the preserve. I only hunt the wild ones..I guess someone with the resources and motivation is the only person who can be the head of a chapter. Volunteer work is not fun or easy if you are doing it the right way. I guess to have that chapter you need someone like him to be in charge of it.

Gunrise Farms exposed a lot of people to govt woods around Whitmire/Enoree and that’s a fact.

But I do believe Ty Holland has good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Gunrise Farms exposed a lot of people to govt woods around Whitmire/Enoree and that’s a fact.

But I do believe Ty Holland has good intentions.
    He knows all about wild birds and that is good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Probably back when it was called Quail Unlimited?
    They were a Quail Unlimited chapter back in the day. But for a while it was them and the Low Country chapter as the only QF chapters in SC.

They were a Quail Unlimited chapter back in the day. But for a while it was them and the Low Country chapter as the only QF chapters in SC.
    I knew that they had tried unsuccessfully awhile back to get QF up and running in SC again..I guess this is 'the second coming'. The regional rep for QF is Kenny Barker and he was a regional rep for NWTF. He understands how the conservation game is played and he is really a straight shooter when it comes to fundraising and keeping it local. He will be down in Charleston for those events. Tim Askins is the Low Country Chapter President and he and Kenny would be good folks to talk to about a Pee Dee chapter. Hope that helps.

Just saw that the Mt Pleasant chapter was named chapter of the year. Go to minute 6:00.

Gallivants Ferry is very close to my wife’s property in Centenary. If you’ve got a contact over there who is still active, please send me the contact information. Unless it’s one of those aggravatin ass democrats.