Thread: SC Agricultural Sales Tax Exemption Change

Default SC Agricultural Sales Tax Exemption Change

Form ST-8F no longer accepted after April 1, 2022.

$24 for your new card that is valid for 3 years.

https://agriculture.sc.gov/faq/scate/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF
    Go Tigers!!!

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievable. I thought I heard that Georgia had something similar that you had to pay maybe $300 annually get the tax break and the farm had to show so many dollars of income to qualify. I figured it was only a matter of time.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I am still pissed at Hardware House...

They just cracking down on people that take the Ag exemptions that really don't farm. I don't think it should be that big of a problem to pay essentially $8 a year to save thousands on sales tax if you are actually farming.

Reality is that it will make it easier in many cases. Trying to explain what the exemption is and why you are eligible for it to the average say Lowes or Home Depot employee was never exactly easy.

In 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Reality is that it will make it easier in many cases. Trying to explain what the exemption is and why you are eligible for it to the average say Lowes or Home Depot employee was never exactly easy.

In 2022?

Exactly. And hopefully they can incorporate some sort of technology into the card that stores can just scan instead of having to physically make a copy for their records.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post

In 2022?

Makes the case for buying from the local business that actually will take care of you. Eff HD and Lowe's.

No Farmers, no Food.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Yeah, all sounds great. That is how we were raised to think and no doubt the way Americans should have been acting all along instead of running to Lowes to buy a shitty quality item that your 3rd generation local hardware guy had in stock. BUT. This isn't even THAT America anymore. The math is still coming. We will be lucky to fulfill our NEEDS much less our wants. There are well designed real world adjustments to our way of life coming with that math. Designed by people who hate everything that America was. In short, we ain't seen anything yet...

Totally agree. Folks losing their mind because they cant get Charmin or Driscoll brand Strawberries are in for a real awakening.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.