Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrecked Truck ?

One thing to consider is the availability of a replacement truck if totaled as well as non use while waiting on repair parts which could be a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i drive a salvage titled truck. its awesome.

but...the answer you are looking for is spelled K R T.
    Same here. Bought it at a good price, spent a little on it and have driven it all over since. Would do it again tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Assuming you probably already have this taken care of SCDAWG, but some advice for anyone else in this situation:

1) Run property damage claims under your insurance and let them subrogate the money back from the at-fault driver's insurance. Easier to hold your first party insurance carrier accountable
    2) Hire Billy @ Collisionsafetyconsultants.com as your independent appraiser if you feel total value is lacking OR if repairing a newer vehicle, for a diminished value claim. Few hundred bucks can be more than worth it

I use Billy often in my practice on my clients' property damage claims, he's good people. He also will inspect your vehicle post-repair on major/moderate damage repairs and it is shocking what he uncovers at times.

Quote Originally Posted by puddlesquatter View Post
    Assuming you probably already have this taken care of SCDAWG, but some advice for anyone else in this situation:

1) Run property damage claims under your insurance and let them subrogate the money back from the at-fault driver's insurance. Easier to hold your first party insurance carrier accountable
    2) Hire Billy @ Collisionsafetyconsultants.com as your independent appraiser if you feel total value is lacking OR if repairing a newer vehicle, for a diminished value claim. Few hundred bucks can be more than worth it

I use Billy often in my practice on my clients' property damage claims, he's good people. He also will inspect your vehicle post-repair on major/moderate damage repairs and it is shocking what he uncovers at times.
    Very good advice. I’m on the insurance side and deal with Billy quite a bit. He will treat you right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RWW View Post
    Get an attorney involved
    I wouldn't unless you are getting screwed and it's obvious. No sense in giving up 1/3 if you don't need to.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I wouldn't unless you are getting screwed and it's obvious. No sense in giving up 1/3 if you don't need to.
    Damned- an honest attorney- Big Foot does exist.

Hard to get a good attorney interested in a property-damage-only case anyway. The juice ain't worth the squeeze for either of you.