Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana

Nice work
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Did you Freelance?

Dang right!

Outstanding work.

Cans and Pins are always indicative of a great trip. The BWTS are sho nuf prime. Congrats.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Very nice

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Hell Yeah! Y'all did some work on the Pintail population.

Nice work I'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by morningwoody843 View Post

Had a great time down there and hated to come back.
    Looks like it!

Heck of a trip there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Looks a lot better than Arkansas last week. Maybe next week will look more like your trip. Congrats.

Looks like a great hunt. Where were you? We are sitting at the airport headed to Hopedale LA. Guide texted us last night that ducks were gone and the negative tides blew all the water out. We were too far in to change so it might just be a few rainy days sitting in the house drinking bourbon - hopefully not.

Looks like he was down in Venice. If you find yourself without ducks in Hopedale I’d be very surprised. Biloxi Marsh is about 40,000 acres and always held ducks somewhere when I lived there. Sounds like y’all need to burn some gas and ride around a bit. Don’t forget the rods!! The redfish and trout are a plenty in that same marsh during the winter. Drop a few crab pots on the way out and make the most of the trip one way or the other. Don’t forget to watch the ridge on the ride out. I’ve shot plenty of pigs off it while returning from duck hunts!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

A few of you would absolutely love what this guy had to say about duck hunting/winter fishing in Louisiana if you never read the sequel to The Old Man and the Boy. I have wanted to make that trip since I picked that book up...

"the anticipation of the anticipation"

i cant pack a blind bag without thinking of that....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Looks a lot better than Arkansas last week. Maybe next week will look more like your trip. Congrats.
    Hope you’re well South of Jonesboro or plan on hunting the river. All our fields are froze up and with the forecasted temps for the next 7 days, it don’t look like that’s going to change. We were supposed to leave today but pulled the plug last night. Guys at the club were leaving today to head south a few hours and try to find huntable birds. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Sorry for not getting back to you guys. We were in Venice and stayed in a houseboat at Cypress Cove Marina. Saturday night was windy as hell and blew out a ton of water Sunday morning on the low tide as well. Was damn near impossible to find enough water to hunt from what I heard. I was headed back home that morning though. Definitely plenty of birds around. My friends guide there (Limitless Waterfowl) and they're still doing very well this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    A few of you would absolutely love what this guy had to say about duck hunting/winter fishing in Louisiana if you never read the sequel to The Old Man and the Boy. I have wanted to make that trip since I picked that book up...

Santa brought my 11 year old The Old Man and the Boy, and I dropped the Old Man's Boy Grows Older on him this week. Figured it was time. Ruark's stuff is so good. Uhuru is one of my favorites.
    Carolina Counsel

That’s a heck of a trip. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by morningwoody843 View Post
    Sorry for not getting back to you guys. We were in Venice and stayed in a houseboat at Cypress Cove Marina. Saturday night was windy as hell and blew out a ton of water Sunday morning on the low tide as well. Was damn near impossible to find enough water to hunt from what I heard. I was headed back home that morning though. Definitely plenty of birds around. My friends guide there (Limitless Waterfowl) and they're still doing very well this week.
    Yeah. No water Sunday. The rafts of birds we saw were incredible, but couldn’t get to where they wanted to be.
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.