Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tajikistan Ibex

So why does one say " I gotta kill one of those in my lifetime"? Why that animal?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Keep posting your badass stories and I’ll cover your slack with the occasional Jake Paul update.

Just when you think Cali couldnt be more of a dick whacker he proves us wrong.

Why?
    Rarity and difficulty
    Sort of like the guy chasing the North America duck slam that had only 1 species left and had to go to extreme lengths to finally get it.

Or the quest for a giant largemouth- where you are fishing for 1 bite/day
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 01-18-2022 at 08:32 AM.

That's cool as shit

SD incredible story and thanks for sharing it. What's the deal with grass in his mouth? Is that how he died or a tribute of some sort?

Congrats and I enjoyed the detailed story very much. 1/2 the experience is seeing new country and being part of a different culture. You got the gumption, and that's what most don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    SD incredible story and thanks for sharing it. What's the deal with grass in his mouth? Is that how he died or a tribute of some sort?
    Tribute. Cool tradition IMHO.

Awesome story.

Mr.Courtney, one question. A friend went and did the Ibex hunt years ago. He remarked about how pungent the damned things are. Did it stink to high heaven??

When he got his mount back over a year later, it made his house smell for 3 -4 months. His wife was not pleased.

Congrats on the great adventure. By the looks of that stick and mud road, I would not have enjoyed that aspect of the travel.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

man, that is incredible. great story and pictures. please don't stop posting.

was it tough to get into tajikistan with afghanistan being right next door? any special precautions you had to work through compared to going to a 1st world country?
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Thanks for sharing. Not sure why someone would get upset over it. Maybe there is a back story between you two? Is there more to it here, Cali? Why are you butthurt over the man's story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Keep up the good work!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    So why does one say " I gotta kill one of those in my lifetime"? Why that animal?
    I knew it’d be a true adventure. I love big mountains and tough hunts for tough animals. It checked all the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    It’s called the “last meal”. It’s done a lot over seas as respect to the animal. I know it’s big in Europe. My guide did that so I went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Your point sucks and isn’t necessary.

Good killing and keep posting.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Tribute. Cool tradition IMHO.

Awesome story.

Mr.Courtney, one question. A friend went and did the Ibex hunt years ago. He remarked about how pungent the damned things are. Did it stink to high heaven??

When he got his mount back over a year later, it made his house smell for 3 -4 months. His wife was not pleased.

Congrats on the great adventure. By the looks of that stick and mud road, I would not have enjoyed that aspect of the travel.
    I didn’t notice any type of smell but it was like 10 degrees so maybe that nocked down the smell a bit????
    Last edited by sdcourtnay; 01-18-2022 at 08:59 AM.

So, are ibex still smelly??

You use your usual rifle for this trip?
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post

was it tough to get into tajikistan with afghanistan being right next door? any special precautions you had to work through compared to going to a 1st world country?
    It wasn’t tough. Just book a flight and go. It would have been basically impossible without a translator and our contact in the country/city that handled all our paperwork (hunt permit, gun permit, cites, veteraiany certificate). There was a lot behind the scenes but the hunt company handled all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post

It wasn’t tough. Just book a flight and go. It would have been basically impossible without a translator and our contact in the country/city that handled all our paperwork (hunt permit, gun permit, cites, veterinary certificate). There was a lot behind the scenes but the hunt company handled all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    So, are ibex still smelly??

You use your usual rifle for this trip?
    It was a rifle hunt. Shot was 650-660yds.

Quote Originally Posted by sdcourtnay View Post
    It was a rifle hunt. Shot was 650-660yds.
    I know those goats are tough...great shooting. Congrats again.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.