Thread: Cedar island?

Default Cedar island?

Going 21st. Bum knee giving me a fit. Anyone been lately, how bad is pluff mud? Thanks
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

Last time I hunted there it wasn't near as bad as Murphy but everyone seems to have a different experience there.

The blind we drew had crotch deep mud.

We were there two years ago, their first hunt of the year, and the guy that dropped us off in the mud boat was in his first year. He took us out in the dark and told us that was far as he could go, to get out and walk about 100 yards to a parch of grass and that’s where the birds are. Fortunately my 140lb buddy got out of his boat first, and instantly sunk to his wader line. It was all we could do to get him back in the boat. After riding in circles for a while, we finally moved close enough we could make it to the dike. We shot a limit of teal and one gadwall. If it were possible to get to his “x” we would have really killed them. They were there, just no way to get to them.
    Others on our hunt had much favorable conditions. I would explain your condition. Those guys genuinely want you to be successful, but I think you have to prepare yourself for it to be pretty rough sledding.

What PB said. Assuming you're in a small party, your best bet will be to hunt from the blind provided and bring a dog to retrieve the birds if possible.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Mudder boots are your friend.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Every 3rd year you get to sink to your nuts in mud and shoot a limit of teal. Damn, I miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Mudder boots are your friend.
    Do they work? I have been looking at them for a while. For more than just hunting. Silt in the bottom of storm water ponds can be a pita when doing asbuilts.