Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TangleFree Solo blinds

Default TangleFree Solo blinds

Just a review of this blind. I bought one at the start of the season and finally found a good use for it yesterday. King tides, everything was under water. Set it up on top of a hump that I assumed would stay dry.
    Well, it ended up shin deep. Regardless, this blind is the real deal. I didn't really brush it in very well, but it was like I was on the peyote in the spirit world. 19#s. Seconds to set up and stow. Dog fits in with you(tight). It fits in my jetsled for pulling it into the marsh.
    986B5A44-919C-4ECB-BA61-D333B7054BF0.jpgA9E5CB73-3D7E-4E34-84E5-0DC8F06084D0.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Very nice. I looked hard at the solo when I bought my panel blind
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Very nice. I looked hard at the solo when I bought my panel blind
    My buddy owns the tanglefree panel blind. That thing is bad ass as well. I hunt solo 50% of the time. The other 50% I hunt with my buddy with the panel blind. Great products. My absolute favorite spot we put the panel blind. This place only hunts about 4 times a year but it is just a neat spot.
    6B8B8AC6-9813-44D3-96BA-6D96323EE31C.jpg
    Last edited by sprigdog; 12-06-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

No doubt, I have yet to regret a Tanglefree purchase I've made.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I've enjoyed my Solo blind as well. It's been with me in the dove field to the sound when I'm solo. I'll even leave it 1/3 open to make a bigger footprint when hunting 2. Its a tad small for it but as long as you're careful there is no issue.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Yesterday's panel blind hide. It didn't suck.
    1D03A7C8-A4DC-4D16-B006-45AF95E1AD94.jpg

Fooled a few of them.
    86C2AED6-6DB4-4F6E-91B3-DB2098D597AB.jpg

Always enjoy every Sprigdog post. Keep on keepin on brother. Those blinds definitely both look deadly in those situations!

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Always enjoy every Sprigdog post. Keep on keepin on brother. Those blinds definitely both look deadly in those situations!
    Thanks! Sitting around in the morning, drinking coffee waiting for the tide to get right, is a great time to "talk" ducks and duck hunting.

Have had some fantastic mallard, widgeon, pintail sheet water hunts. I feel a plane trip coming on.

Fun hunting, beautiful pup.
    Last edited by scdiver; 12-09-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Nice shovelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Nice shovelers.
    I know you love the Hollywood's.
    Today was tough. Me and a buddy only killed 9. All were killed in last hour of shoot time.
    C9E0DDB7-C45C-424C-93AA-A323EB5887B0.jpg

That's tough? :envious:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

We did 2 together this morning. Placed dog stand behind root wad once decoys floated. These things are freaking deadly!
    54C8B57B-5815-485B-80BC-BFC9EA7B6245.jpg

Awesome. Beautiful spots to hunt from. Love seeing you post your successes.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    The dog was on that stand during the hunt? Out in the open?

Impressive as always Sprig! Been considering a panel blind for next year and this pushed me over the edge. Gonna sit tight til Feb and see if anyone puts them on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    The dog was on that stand during the hunt? Out in the open?
    Not really. Stand went behind blinds. Frequently she is out in the wide open when I hunt those solo blinds. I am not one who thinks a dog needs to be as hid as the owner. When I bought the blind I had these grand visions of placing dog stand inside blind and sitting on corner of dog stand. 95% of my solo blind hunts I have knee deep water inside blind at top of tide so a stand necessary. Corners of those stands are hard on my ass! Dog gets a seat outside, I sit inside. Never have to open blind. She gets on stand with bird. I reach out and grab from her.
    Before I bought a dog stand for her, I'd have to hunt spots near a log. A log that a Lab could stand on out of the water.
    That last pick and that giant log, I'd stand behind it(no blind) and I'd have to lift dog up onto after every retrieve. She would just sit in the wide open like a Raccoon on a log and I'd shoot from the side.
    If you look at the other pic with double solo's, my pup is standing on a log. That's where she sat exposed like that entire hunt. Right behind and perfect log that she could get up on herself and be out of water.
    Last edited by sprigdog; 01-20-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    Not really. Stand went behind blinds. Frequently she is out in the wide open when I hunt those solo blinds. I am not one who thinks a dog needs to be as hid as the owner. When I bought the blind I had these grand visions of placing dog stand inside blind and sitting on corner of dog stand. 95% of my solo blind hunts I have knee deep water inside blind at top of tide so a stand necessary. Corners of those stands are hard on my ass! Dog gets a seat outside, I sit inside. Never have to open blind. She gets on stand with bird. I reach out and grab from her.
    Before I bought a dog stand for her, I'd have to hunt spots near a log. A log that a Lab could stand on out of the water.
    That last pick and that giant log, I'd stand behind it(no blind) and I'd have to lift dog up onto after every retrieve. She would just sit in the wide open like a Raccoon on a log and I'd shoot from the side.
    If you look at the other pic with double solo's, my pup is standing on a log. That's where she sat exposed like that entire hunt. Right behind and perfect log that she could get up on herself and be out of water.
    Good deal. Whatever works. Can't argue with the results. My anxiety would be through the roof worrying about getting busted though. Seems like older I get the more of a stickler I am about the hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    Good deal. Whatever works. Can't argue with the results. My anxiety would be through the roof worrying about getting busted though. Seems like older I get the more of a stickler I am about the hide.
    I get it. If I lived somewhere that offered maybe one or 2 opportunities a day, I'd be paranoid as well.
    Because if those birds don't do it right, alls you do is second guess why they didn't line up with feet down.
    I frequently have a group of birds that look perfect then just peel off at 70 yards. I still second guess.
    Then the next group, just flutter down and die violently at 20 yards.
    Then I remember an important part of duck hunting. Ducks do what ducks do and you always don't know why.