Thread: Anyone have a Thor LT Thermal?

Default Anyone have a Thor LT Thermal?

Was looking at getting a basic thermal scope for some 150 yard and in hog hunting during the off-season with my kids. But not wanting to blow a lot on it since I’m not certain how much we’ll enjoy hunting at night or how much time I’ll have to do it.

I saw where the bottom rung Thor LTs were on sale right now.

Anyone have any experience with them and the image quality? I’ve never touched a thermal scope so I’m flying blind.

I don’t really like standard night vision. Too much glare when there are trees and tall grass around.

Thanks.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

A friend in a club I was in had one. I was totally unimpressed. Maybe something wasn’t right but he seemed to like it.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

F ATN. AGM TS35 or a Bering Super Hogster.

Default Anyone have a Thor LT Thermal?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodline View Post
    F ATN. AGM TS35 or a Bering Super Hogster.
    My one off experience with AGM…

Bought a python last year or so cant remember the specs but $6-7k scope. Delivered as promised and they were available to talk me through the scope prior to purchase. Got scope and mounted on rifle. Had some difficulties getting it zeroed as well as failure to power up consistently, and then noticed 2 housing screws were falling out and unable to rethread after maybe 30rds through rifle. Unfortunately was not able to use it on a preplanned 10 day trip.
    Image was good.

Sent it back and told them I wanted a replacement as I had the scope for appx 1 week and was not going to accept anything other than perfect at that price. Had to ship ground due to remote location of facility or something. They said they were going to send a new one and a thermal monocular for my troubles. Few weeks go by and I get scope back.
    Same scope and notated that they put longer screws in where the two fell out. I said oaky well what about the dozen other screws that have yet to fall out and I thought I was getting a new one? Same power up issues occurring that would require power cycle 2-3 times to boot properly.

Since I knew nothing about this company I started getting nervous that I was going to end up with a $7k paperweight. I decided to return for full refund. Initially they told me purchase was over 30 days and no cash refund would be given. When I told them the scope had been in shipping and in their possession longer than it was in mine since purchase they ultimately did give refund.

That was the last time I have thought about a thermal scope.

Edit: it also ate batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 01-18-2022 at 09:22 AM.

Make note that several distributors only carry certain products by these manufacturers because they know that some of them are buggy or otherwise troublesome for one reason or another. I messaged a couple of them about a Python when I bought my TS35 rattler and they said to avoid the python series. I'd advise ordering from someone with a good online (and social media presence) in case of issues. Also, if you haven't seen one in a while, I guarantee the TS35 rattler or the Super Hogster will blow away any $7K scope from a few years ago.