Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Towing boat down to Florida for Bahamas Crossing

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    That's great. When I looked at their site, they didn't show diesel or dually. I guess I'll call them.

Lake Worth just because that's what I know. It's a nice big inlet that is a straight shot across. I'll have kids on board, so less ocean time, the better. I used to run my GB out of Boynton Inlet, but it's not worth the stress. That "inlet" is really a ditch with a ton of current and super sketchy especially for catamarans that want to push sideways into the current.

Also, range isn't a concern per se, but fuel economy is better on the road than on the sea! Ideally I would not want to have to purchase too much fuel in the Bahamas.
    Understood with the kids.

Mike used to charge me 650 if I let him "fit it into his schedule" or 800 if it was on "my schedule". That was several years ago so probly figure transport at just under 1k for each leg.

It shows both online. I wish I would have thought of this before to pull the boat to the keys.

Screenshot 2022-01-14 133207.png

jws, it does show that, but when you go to do the reservation, you don't have the option to pick gas or diesel or dually. They give you "an equivalent". I don't like surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    jws, it does show that, but when you go to do the reservation, you don't have the option to pick gas or diesel or dually. They give you "an equivalent". I don't like surprises.
    Me either, I would definitely call.

Is Black Bart taking his Freeman, too?

Seems odd to me that someone would own a towable vessel without a means of towing, but to each his own I reckon.

It would be more fun to marina hop that thing from your port to Miami than towing, but I’m sure would be much more expensive that way too…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like an awesome trip. I am planning the same for spring 23' from west palm to west end. Can't wait to hear how the trip goes. Please share any feedback and pics.

Palmetto yacht management will haul boat for you.

Last time we went we stayed at Pirate’s cove marina in Stuart and the hotel was able to put in in contact with a place to store truck & trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    Is Black Bart taking his Freeman, too?
    I hope so, so that we can buddy boat over!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Seems odd to me that someone would own a towable vessel without a means of towing, but to each his own I reckon.

It would be more fun to marina hop that thing from your port to Miami than towing, but I’m sure would be much more expensive that way too…

I'm an odd guy. I'll only be towing it a couple times a year. I get WAYYYYY more use out of my boat when it's sitting in the water. I hate putting bottom paint on and letting it sit, but no way I'm lugging that thing around the streets of Charleston. We get on the water a couple times a week now with the family. I literally only bought a trailer to make this trip.
    Last edited by jasonw; 01-20-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Gotcha

Hire someone to tow it

That’s a large boat and a long trip for someone who doesn’t tow.