Thread: the I-85 factor!

Default the I-85 factor!

Anyone know why the Interstate 85 corridor has such a difference in weather esp. when it comes to frozen precipitation? Seems it like always gets alot more shitty stuff on the north side...Greenville gets pummeled while Simpsonville gets out unscathed etc.
    At least I'm housebroken.

It’s a geographical oddity
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

it's all about that trough bruh..found this on FoxCarolina:

"When systems come in from the northwest a lot of times as they get down in elevation something called down sloping happens and that actually dries out the air so sometimes south of I-85 it's not even as much about the cold temperatures as it is, it just gets too dry," said Kent.

Case closed. Next!
    Last edited by Duck Nitz; 01-13-2022 at 09:09 PM.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Yep. Cold Air daming,
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    It’s a geographical oddity
    Two weeks from everywhere?

Blue Ridge mountains keep it on the north side from what I’ve always seen. We also normally get snow and bad winter weather from Atlanta. So…. Who knows. This storm isn’t coming from Atlanta to my knowledge. Weather underground has us at 8-12 inches of snow, while wyff4 has us at 2”. We’re heading up to cashiers, probably be snowed in for a couple days! Kids will have fun!
    Go Tigers!!!

It’s all that damn hot air coming up 85 from GA.

Same thing south side 26. Sangaree floods while not a drop of rain in Summerville. Or the other way around depending on which way the storm is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Two weeks from everywhere?
    This guy dapper dan’s

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Blue Ridge mountains keep it on the north side from what I’ve always seen. We also normally get snow and bad winter weather from Atlanta. So…. Who knows. This storm isn’t coming from Atlanta to my knowledge. Weather underground has us at 8-12 inches of snow, while wyff4 has us at 2”. We’re heading up to cashiers, probably be snowed in for a couple days! Kids will have fun!
    WYFF has moved TR into the 4-8 inches as of 6 o'clock. Chris Justice explained why some of the weather apps has us with much more snow than he's predicting. I tend to trust him over any app.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    WYFF has moved TR into the 4-8 inches as of 6 o'clock. Chris Justice explained why some of the weather apps has us with much more snow than he's predicting. I tend to trust him over any app.
    I don’t. My apps are more accurate 9/10 times.
    Go Tigers!!!