Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer portal payday for Oklahoma QB

Default Transfer portal payday for Oklahoma QB

The QB that replaced Spencer Rattler this season at Oklahoma Caleb Williams entered the transfer portal Jan 3rd- today he was offered $1,000,000 to play for 1 season at Eastern Michigan.

That type of money is game changing to the college football world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    The QB that replaced Spencer Rattler this season at Oklahoma Caleb Williams entered the transfer portal Jan 3rd- today he was offered $1,000,000 to play for 1 season at Eastern Michigan.

That type of money has ruined the college football world.
    fify

You about to see schools you never knew existed start balling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    You about to see schools you never knew existed start balling.
    You’re about to see the “Haves” start paying eight figures and put those schools you’ve never heard of back in their place.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Right.. You don't think Bama could match 1mil? lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Hell yeah. Clem tried to give Herschel more than that and lost out.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Right.. You don't think Bama could match 1mil? lol..
    Or them Texas boys with oil money. They haves will just get richer. Eastern Michigan is just pissing away $1mm. The best QB in the world won't take them up a notch

Beginning of the end as we know it I am afraid

Correct. No one wants to block for a millionaire college qb.

SMU going to make a come back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Correct. No one wants to block for a millionaire college qb.
    Depends if he shares.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Depends if he shares.
    18-20yo’s with $1M payday’s won’t share, their ego’s will get in the way of the big picture. NIL will ruin college football and probably basketball as well. Kids that age aren’t equipped to handle that kind of thing.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    18-20yo’s with $1M payday’s won’t share, their ego’s will get in the way of the big picture. NIL will ruin college football and probably basketball as well. Kids that age aren’t equipped to handle that kind of thing.
    Sharing won’t be up to him. It’s up to mammer’nem.

Parents are driving this bus.

There are more financial restrictions in the NFL right now.

Transfer portal + opting out of bowl games + NIL = nah

There has always been money involved, but previously the majority of college football players had the mondset of "what can I do for this school. Now the majority of the players are asking "what can this school do for me."

I can't blame the kids one bit with the money on the line, but personally I am not attracted to this sport anymore. Hate it because I used to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasbeau1 View Post
    Hate it because I used to love it.
    Ditto.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

24/7 had a great take on this the other day. Basically saying that now that the players aren't amateur anymore, they should be treated like professionals with penalties involved for breaking a contract early.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    24/7 had a great take on this the other day. Basically saying that now that the players aren't amateur anymore, they should be treated like professionals with penalties involved for breaking a contract early.
    Josh Pate is one of the more realistic/ reasonable guys covering college sports these days...

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Josh Pate is one of the more realistic/ reasonable guys covering college sports these days...
    Agree on that

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    There are a lot of things that should change now, perhaps nothing greater than the repayment of Pell Grants.

This can't be fixed with rules, penalties, or common sense. "Football and Basketball Schools" are no longer controlled by men whose primary goal was their school's standing in the win/loss column at the end of a season...