Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any surveyors on site?

I would just take it to whoever you intend to close it for you and have him or her review it for you ahead of time.
    Carolina Counsel

Shouldn’t they do that anyway? Or are they simply going to do like most all the rest and reference the plat and collect their money?

Default Any surveyors on site?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Shouldn’t they do that anyway? Or are they simply going to do like most all the rest and reference the plat and collect their money?
    The seller is working hard to clear it up for me, with his attorney. I’m fresh into my due diligence period, and I’m trying to do my own leg work as well as a CYA. The easement is the #1 contingency in my contract. I will have my attorney looking into it as well. This is my first big purchase, so I’m trying to make sure I turn over every stone, and was simply double checking that the platt didn’t specifically define the easement with no further action needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fireman; 01-10-2022 at 11:57 PM.

Call JWS.

The part most people miss is the that the plat does NOT convey title, the deed does. And we need to see the whole plat. But with that said, the most important part of your due diligence is to call JWS.