Thread: School me on Apple Pay

Default School me on Apple Pay

Like the title says. Anybody use this on their phone? We are going to Disney soon and I don’t want to carry a wallet around the parks the whole time. I have been told this is more secure than just using your debit card. We had planned on using our magic bands to pay for everything but starting Nov 1st they put a $100 hold on each transaction you make. Thats not going to fly with me. How secure is using Apple pay and the likes? TIA

Never had an issue with it. I have a credit on it instead of a debit though.

Very easy and convenient don't have to have your wallet all the time.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I went to FL before Christmas for work. Got to the air port and realized I left my wallet sitting on the counter at home. Since I had my passport I figured I’d go and make the best of it with intentions of going to the bank and getting out cash for the week. I had my wife text me pics of my DL, personal and work CC. Upon receiving the pics I started to load them into apple wallet when I realized I could actually pay on CC machine if I put the info into the app vs just the pictures. I had always been against this up to this point. Anywho…loaded them in and spent a week in FL without a physical DL or CC and never had a problem. Been using it ever since.

Works like a champ and more secure than sticking you card in a slot. I suggest you get one of the stick-on card holders to attach to your phone and carry a card in it, because it sucks when you are about to purchase something with your phone only to find out that the merchant does not do Apple Pay.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Never used Apple Pay cause I'm not an iTard. But I enjoy using Google pay. Also heard it's more secure but I don't really know this to be truth. Sounds legit though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I ended up using it week before last in Disney. Worked like a champ. Beat carrying around my wallet all week in gym shorts.

After working in banking for many years, I am uneasy when my debit card leaves my sight. ApplePay allows me to pay without handing my card over. Imagine a kid takes your card from the table, runs the card, then snaps pics of it, front and back now they can go online and buy whatever they want. However, what really happens is they sell that info to someone so they do not get caught. I have switched my 75 yr old mother over to it because she was getting hacked so much. Online if it is not Amazon or PayPal I will not buy it. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Or just use a credit card, then if someone hacks it it's Visa/Mastercard/etc's problem not yours. I used to hate fighting to get my money back from my loan credit union. Credit cards is so much easier, just make the claim before or when the statement arrives let them handle it.

Just gotta have the discipline to pay the balance when the bill comes so you don't rack up interest.

Only frustration is that businesses are slow to change out the older legacy swipe-only pay terminals with NFC compatible ones. Smaller mom and pops businesses especially. Most chains like fast food places, Walgreens, etc etc are up to speed. Many others, not so much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

If yeally wanna be cool you can set it up on your iTardwatch or the like too, then you technically don't even need your phone if you really didn't wanna carry it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I set it up when Covid started. I pay with my watch 95% of the time and don't have to pass my card or touch the nasty ass machines. I like using 1 card anyways and tracking my spend rather than debit like my wife does every 10 minutes.