Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aquatic Plant Management meeting

DT you attending the meeting in person?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    The SCDNR needs to release bass in Lake Marion below I95 and In Lake Moultrie. The population is down to where it's hard to get over 3-4 bites per day. It's been getting worse every year for the last six years.

The DNR continues to release stripers in all the lakes but never bass.

It's starting to effect tourism.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    What is your theory on why the bass population has crashed?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I visited Samworth WMA this week. Dike work is occurring but the fields are unproductive due to cut grass. Once dikes are repaired they will be able to burn and begin to reverse the white marsh.

During the trip I brought up the Aquatic Plant Management Committee. I expressed my disappointment in as aggressive a manner as I could. I told them they did not deserve a seat at the table and there was no evidence of leadership from their representatives on the committee. I have once again threatened to turn the committee upside down if they don't begin to lead.
    The time for talk was past in 2013 when they stocked 250k fish and killed 17k acres of native vegetation.

But, not even so much as an acknowledgment from DNR or the Legislature.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    What is your theory on why the bass population has crashed?
    1. Bothering them on the beds

2 . Lack of vegetation

3. It became real noticeable after the floods where they opened the Wilson locks 4-8 times in one year.

I don't think it's harvest and eating some. If that was causing it, you couldn't get a bite above I95(meaning pressure from Sumter). There seems to still be a healthy population in the swamp end.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    The SCDNR needs to release bass in Lake Marion below I95 and In Lake Moultrie. The population is down to where it's hard to get over 3-4 bites per day. It's been getting worse every year for the last six years.

The DNR continues to release stripers in all the lakes but never bass.

It's starting to effect tourism.

Releasing bass into that lake when the habitat is in the shape it’s in is a waste of money. They need cover and less catfish and cormorants.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Are the login's unique or can you post it so everyone doesn't need to email?
    Waiting for info still not received it
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    DT you attending the meeting in person?

I have our first day of session Tuesday at noon. I do want a report though. I have a ready made bill that can shake up the board.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I have our first day of session Tuesday at noon. I do want a report though. I have a ready made bill that can shake up the board.
    Thank you!
    DILLIGAF

Joey,

Thank for contacting me about the meeting. Here's the information you need to join.

Meeting link:
    https://scdnr2.webex.com/scdnr2/j.ph...bab26d2e84871e
    Meeting number:
    2630 352 4355
    Password:
    Plan
    Host key:
    Join by video system
    Dial 26303524355@scdnr2.webex.com
    You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.
    Join by phone
    1-844-992-4726 United States Toll Free
    +1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
    Access code: 2630 352 4355
    Host PIN: 7962
    Global call-in numbers | Toll-free calling restrictions

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Got my login information and registered. Check your emails.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I don't believe people messing with them on the beds is the biggest issue, as I haven't seen the "major wave" in the past two years, like we used to........WHatever the issue is, the numbers are way down. The lake is in trouble above 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    WHatever the issue is, the numbers are way down. The lake is in trouble above 95
    Back of the bus bass fishermen. We are still waiting to hear what happened to the quail, white bass, and ducks...

For anyone joining via Webex, the host just let everyone in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The amount of life in an acre of hydrilla in 6 foot of water is staggering. We've taken a huge link out of the chain of life in Marion and Moultrie when we destroyed SAVs. If I was to write a management plan for Santee Cooper to reduce wildlife to zero without draining the lakes, I don't know what I would do differently from what's being done right now. It's really beyond mismanagement or simple negligence. It's gross negligence.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    The amount of life in an acre of hydrilla in 6 foot of water is staggering. We've taken a huge link out of the chain of life in Marion and Moultrie when we destroyed SAVs. If I was to write a management plan for Santee Cooper to reduce wildlife to zero without draining the lakes, I don't know what I would do differently from what's being done right now. It's really beyond mismanagement or simple negligence. It's gross negligence.
    Well said...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    The jet skiers are happy.

Anyone else on here I just back back and pulled up on my desktop

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Anyone else on here I just back back and pulled up on my desktop
    Tried to get into the meeting but it just sat their for about 15 minutes and never got added.

Just got in.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 01-11-2022 at 11:05 AM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Tried to get into the meeting but it just sat their for about 15 minutes and never got added.
    Technical difficulties, try again

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Technical difficulties, try again
    They are having some audio trouble.....