View Poll Results: Should guiding be legal on public land in SC

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 29.36%
  • No

77 70.64%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll-Should guiding be legal on public land in SC?

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    I just can’t get behind one man telling another man that he can’t continue his way of making a living when he is doing it within the law. .
    It has been done in the past- outlawed an entire industry statewide and took the livelihood and businesses from the owners without compensation.
    The govt takes at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    It has been done in the past- outlawed an entire industry statewide and took the livelihood and businesses from the owners without compensation.
    The govt takes at will.
    Video poker?

A great big negative for guides on public land from me...I think you would start to see a lot more tourism that we absolutely do not need.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Forest bathing, this BYOBT. Bring your own bath towel, how about soap?
    This shit is taking off...

Private & public walks available!
    Public walks are available Friday (family friendly version!), Saturday, and Sunday. You can also reserve a private walk any day of the week, set aside exclusively for you and your group…even if you’re a solo adventurer! Enjoy a unique way to practice self care and social distancing.

Private Forest Bathing Tour Price:
    $260 total for parties of 1-4
    $65/person for parties of 5+
    $55/person for parties of 10+

Public Forest Bathing Tour Price:
    $55/person

Experience the healing power of nature therapy
    The practice of forest bathing encourages you to slow down, relax and reconnect with nature by quieting the mind and awakening the senses.

Join a certified forest therapy guide for a relaxing 2.5-hour stroll through the forest in our stunning Blue Ridge Mountains. Through a series of invitations, you’ll have the opportunity to be present in the moment, deepening your connection with nature and community, and enjoying the many gifts nature has to offer. The walk culminates in a tea ceremony with snacks.

What is forest bathing?
    Forest Bathing is simply a guided walk in nature. Your guide will share mindfulness practices and invitations designed to connect you more deeply to your inner landscapes, as well as the world around you. Inspired by Shinrin-Yoku, the Japanese art of immersing oneself in a forest environment, forest bathing walks invite guests to spend time in nature in a way that invites healing for ourselves, our fraught ecosystems, and our community. It is true nature therapy!

This is essentially a mindful, rejuvenating walk in the forest…no actual “bathing” required.

All trails are within approximately 50mins of downtown Asheville. One of our favorite trails is accessed by driving along the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway while another is located in a peaceful private Preserve. All of the trails are chosen based on the gentleness of the terrain, proximity to town, and your guide’s geographic area of expertise. The location of your walk will be disclosed after booking and depends on many factors including weather conditions, road closures, day of the week, etc. See FAQs for more info and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    This shit is taking off...

Private & public walks available!
    Public walks are available Friday (family friendly version!), Saturday, and Sunday. You can also reserve a private walk any day of the week, set aside exclusively for you and your group…even if you’re a solo adventurer! Enjoy a unique way to practice self care and social distancing.

Private Forest Bathing Tour Price:
    $260 total for parties of 1-4
    $65/person for parties of 5+
    $55/person for parties of 10+

Public Forest Bathing Tour Price:
    $55/person

Experience the healing power of nature therapy
    The practice of forest bathing encourages you to slow down, relax and reconnect with nature by quieting the mind and awakening the senses.

Join a certified forest therapy guide for a relaxing 2.5-hour stroll through the forest in our stunning Blue Ridge Mountains. Through a series of invitations, you’ll have the opportunity to be present in the moment, deepening your connection with nature and community, and enjoying the many gifts nature has to offer. The walk culminates in a tea ceremony with snacks.

What is forest bathing?
    Forest Bathing is simply a guided walk in nature. Your guide will share mindfulness practices and invitations designed to connect you more deeply to your inner landscapes, as well as the world around you. Inspired by Shinrin-Yoku, the Japanese art of immersing oneself in a forest environment, forest bathing walks invite guests to spend time in nature in a way that invites healing for ourselves, our fraught ecosystems, and our community. It is true nature therapy!

This is essentially a mindful, rejuvenating walk in the forest…no actual “bathing” required.

All trails are within approximately 50mins of downtown Asheville. One of our favorite trails is accessed by driving along the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway while another is located in a peaceful private Preserve. All of the trails are chosen based on the gentleness of the terrain, proximity to town, and your guide’s geographic area of expertise. The location of your walk will be disclosed after booking and depends on many factors including weather conditions, road closures, day of the week, etc. See FAQs for more info and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
    WTF??
    Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertised as “within 50 minutes of Asheville” should tell you ALL you need to know.

What's that saying about a sucker and his money? About guides, I've been anti guide for myself. Been burnt one too many times by someone offering their duck guiding services.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Know a fella that started a “Heybo / Salt Life / Southern Strut” style tee shirt business. Went out to Botany Bay for a promotional photo shoot. Got run’d off and threatened with a fine for utilizing the property for profit.
    - They promptly vacated the premises and deleted the photos as instructed by the local authority.
    (knowing personally a couple fishing guides that earn a living anchored up right in front of that exact location.)
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 01-06-2022 at 08:57 PM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

I kind of view this as two separate questions. Should it be legal vs Do I think it’s a good idea.

Both have different answers.

I was told the Santee guide association did make a pact on harvest. All or most are using the same size coolers. Fill it up and you are done or at least can’t keep any more cats. If really true that is proactive. No more 600 pound catches. Maybe

Send'em to the ditch at minim. See how that guiding works out. Watched some boys fight over a pintail the dog went to get and didn't about 20 years ago.
    Double Secret Probation Officer

"Join a certified forest therapy guide for a relaxing 2.5-hour stroll....". I wonder what "certification" this is.

We can cure the forest bathing by creating a marsh bathing experience.

March them out in the marsh at Georgetown and the marsh flies, horse flies and no see ums will give them a bath.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post

March them out in the marsh at Georgetown and the marsh flies, horse flies and no see ums will give them a bath.
    Haha - just change "Asheville" in the advertisement to "Georgetown" and the whole thing seems way, way less appealing.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Is that really a fair comparison? Can you find me some private water that I can go and catch some cobia or a dolphin? I don't think we can compare a fishing guide to a public land hunting guide...... Comparing those two is like comparing a corn field to a pile of corn......
    Where you catching dolphin in water controlled by the state? Isn't that something like 12 miles out? Shoot me them numbers. Lol.

This is a question about state owned lands, correct? Is regulating land without also regulating water not a little bit hypocritical?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    Know a fella that started a “Heybo / Salt Life / Southern Strut” style tee shirt business. Went out to Botany Bay for a promotional photo shoot. Got run’d off and threatened with a fine for utilizing the property for profit.
    - They promptly vacated the premises and deleted the photos as instructed by the local authority.
    (knowing personally a couple fishing guides that earn a living anchored up right in front of that exact location.)
    i dont follow, police told someone to delete a picture of a public accessible location?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post

They will pay you to take them and probably offer double to get them the hell back to town 2 minutes after the first noseeum swarm. It isn't just Asheville, it is a worldwide deal...

Our marshes offer some of the best hooded merganser hunting in the world! Come get your trophy this season!

Imagine someone paying $55 just to stand in the woods. What would they pay to have a turkey called into their laps? Not to shoot. Just the experience. I had a grown assed man point and ask me "What caused that?" looking at a deer scrape earlier in the week. We are so outnumbered that I know it won't even matter in the long run, but if you hunt WMA's, you might want to start worrying about EVERYONE else but yourself before you get locked out...