View Poll Results: Should guiding be legal on public land in SC

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 29.36%
  • No

77 70.64%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll-Should guiding be legal on public land in SC?

Default Poll-Should guiding be legal on public land in SC?

Yea or nay? Should it be legal for outfitters to operate on public land in South Carolina?

Does this include guided fishing?

Yes if licensed guide and pay for their hunting license. Why not question if a guide should be able to guide on public waterways.

Just don't be surprised if it leads to this tho. LOL

Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I would say yes. They pay taxes and buy licensees like the rest of us. They should be held to a higher reporting standard like fishing guides are though. They also should get no preferential treatment. Joe blow hunting before work has the same right to be there.

A #4 woulda stopped that quick like.

The guy from blue otter can’t shoot for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    yup.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I don’t see why not. Public resources are used for private profit every day.

As someone who has lived in a state where outfitters make their living on public lands the majority of the time, I’m saying “no”. You think claiming spots are bad from your every day peckerhead? Try dealing with guides… and then the guides/outfitters eventually lock arms and start bossing around the DNR/Game & Fish depts, then it becomes “the state owes them x, y, and Z”, etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I always protected my decoys when hunting public water. But been shot at crappie fishing and shot at duck hunting.
    Last edited by centurian; 01-06-2022 at 12:56 PM.

wasnt it the guides that bitched about the blue catfish harvest on Santee Cooper and got the limit of big blues enacted?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I said no for the same reasons that we can't kill 27 ducks at night over a March corn pile with a 4 gauge shotgun. Hunting is a regulated activity.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    I would say yes. They pay taxes and buy licensees like the rest of us.
    If that is the bar to hurdle then any taxpayer who buys a hunting licence would then be able to go to any WMA and set up a Frisbee Golf Course and charge people to come play, or what IS happening already, guided Forest Bathing....

No
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    wasnt it the guides that bitched about the blue catfish harvest on Santee Cooper and got the limit of big blues enacted?
    They did but they were part of the problem.

No, that IS the problem...

Pure hypocrisy to make hunting guides illegal on public land and continue to allow fishing guides to operate on public water....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Nope

I think guiding for waterfowl should not be allowed on private land either.
    Public migratory resources should not be exploited by a few for profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Pure hypocrisy to make hunting guides illegal on public land and continue to allow fishing guides to operate on public water....
    Is that really a fair comparison? Can you find me some private water that I can go and catch some cobia or a dolphin? I don't think we can compare a fishing guide to a public land hunting guide...... Comparing those two is like comparing a corn field to a pile of corn......
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965