Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire suggestions

Toyo Open Country AT or MT depending on how aggressive you want. Got about 40k miles on set of Toyo AT2 xtremes and they have 40-50% tread left on my F150.

From talking to KRT today the Toyos are a little hard to get right now. Prices on most all brands of tires have sky rocketed too.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'd buy my tires from Kevin if he was near me, and a buddy a few doors down didn't own a tire shop and liked wine. I've got three toyo MTs sitting in his shop in my size waiting on him to find a 4th. I've always had bfg mts or the at whatever on my trucks, my last set just didn't hold up. I'm not in a dire need..
    I'm sure you will like them. I recently got 70,000+ miles out of a set and they still had life left in them. Great tire and what I ended up getting again.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    I'm sure you will like them. I recently got 70,000+ miles out of a set and they still had life left in them. Great tire and what I ended up getting again.
    70k out of toyo MTs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got 80k+ out of my last set of Nitto Trail Grapplers. They aren't cheap but I don't think you can beat that kind of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Ground Hawgs.

But seriously, I run BFG A/T’s on everything, but good luck finding the damn things right now.
    But you don’t deer hunt so therefore your opinion is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    70k out of toyo MTs?

Yes sir and they were not rotated near like they should have been.

I like them, this is my second set, I think I have around 25ish on these.. maybe a little more. I don't looking at tires with low tread.. and I don't drive like an Edna even though I don't go far. They've been on the truck for maybe 2 and a half years.

Thanks Kevin, you know if I had any problems I'd bring it to you. I grew up with this guy. They've been slim in the system he's been looking through. There's been 2 or three at a time for about a month, a couple weeks ago he texted that he saw 3 again. I told him to buy them, then we'd find a 4th. I talked to him yesterday morning, and he told me to give him a week or so, holidays and he was just so busy. I can probably get another several months, but I wanted to find them before I really needed them. They're 285s, 20s, something something I think. I'll let you know if the situation becomes dire, thanks
    Last edited by Highstrung; 01-05-2022 at 06:56 AM.

I’ll continue to stick with Michelin LTX M/S2 on all my vehicles.

I had trail grapplers that I got alot of mileage out of, however they were LOUD at the end

I have about 45 on my ridge grapplers now and they look like new. I have not found a thing wrong with them myself. Been really pleased with the mileage for a big tire 35's on a big truck Toyota Tundra 4 door
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Does any mfg make a 12 ply 37x12.50-18?