Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Expanding

Default Playoffs Expanding

Nothing is set in stone yet, but word is it's going to be:

12 teams.

4 SEC teams( division champion plus 1 more from each division.

4 Conference Champions from the 4 remaining power 5 conferences

2 teams from the non-power 5, picked by the Playoff Committee.

2 wild card teams(based on body of work) to be selected by playoff committee. These can be from any conference.

Discuss.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Bama still wins 3/4

Sounds like the WOKE nfl system
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

That would never pass a vote. It has to be unanimous by the way.

Awful idea. Just watering down the regular season. There have been some damn good bowl games this year despite some calling them meaningless. UGA and Alabama were the 2 best teams this year and they will be playing for a title next week. What more do they want to prove? The gap between #1 and #12 at the end of the year is huge, and will make for a snoozefest opening round. Also, do we want the best teams playing 20 games?

Maybe they will expand it to an 62 team playoff bracket one year and the gamecocks can have a little taste of being in the bright lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

12 teams.

2 wild card teams(based on body of work) to be selected by playoff committee. These can be from any conference.

Discuss.

SEC ain’t 4 CFP worthy teams. UGA on a roll, Bama is your DADDY are like everyone else and mediocre at best
    Last edited by tprice; 01-03-2022 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

12 teams.

Discuss.

Don't rise to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

In a 4 team playoff system the average margin of victory in the semis was 21 going into this year. Why add more teams?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    In a 4 team playoff system the average margin of victory in the semis was 21 going into this year. Why add more teams?
    BINGO!!

Two notes.

4 guaranteed sec teams is just trolling.

Also, The 4 playoff system has minimized the value of any other bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Two notes.

Also, The 4 playoff system has minimized the value of any other bowl.
    The lesser bowls have always been minimized. The playoffs just increase the value of those bowls. Adding more dilutes all of them. The outcome is always going to be the same.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I thought 8 for a long time, but I have struggled to justify why #5 got ripped off every year. I think 4 works.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post

I have to agree, the current CFP has been working fine

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    The lesser bowls have always been minimized. The playoffs just increase the value of those bowls. Adding more dilutes all of them. The outcome is always going to be the same.
    I agree. The lesser bowls have always been minimized. I said any other bowl and I was thinking about the typical new years day big games. For example, the Rose bowl is huge when it is in the CFP. This year it is a disaster.

To be clear, though. I prefer it to stay with 4 teams.

Yep. No one has ever gave a shat about the small bowl games. People care even less now that these kids are "opting out." The kids feel better about themselves because they get to use those two words when only one would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Agree. If anyone wants to argue that the other bowls have been minimized, I'd say it is because players are opting out. When the stars sit out, it's hard to get excited about an already meaningless game. To me the only benefit of the bowls is that the players get to travel and have fun and the teams get extra practice time.
    Last edited by Remy; 01-04-2022 at 08:39 AM.

Heck I think it needs to go back to 2 teams. Let the committee pick the best 2 teams and lets get it over with. I don't see the margin between the haves and have nots closing anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Two notes.

This

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Heck I think it needs to go back to 2 teams. Let the committee pick the best 2 teams and lets get it over with. I don't see the margin between the haves and have nots closing anytime soon
    I believe this is the worst idea in this entire thread. Ohio proved the 2 team theory wrong in the first year of the CFP, coming in as a 4 seed and winning it all. Then Alabama came in as a 4 seed in a subsequent year and again, win it all. 2 teams is a bad system.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

UGA proved they were better than what would have been the 2nd team in a BCS type system.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?