Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duck/Frog/Marsh Boat

I loved my 1638 GD with 23 longtail. I downgraded to a 23 sd with a clutch just to have neutral. Boat runs 2mph faster but wont go through the nasty stuff like the longtail would.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Thanks for the pictures and reviews. They give me a lot better idea on that specific boat.

I think I should be alright with 3 in the boat including myself. Heck I have fished 3 in my 11' whaler hah.

More so want to make sure the CG plate allows it not that it would be much of an issue where I am going.

Majority of the time it will be me with one of my kids or a buddy. I did want the option though to be able to get 3-4 to snipe hunting grounds or places we get out to duck hunt.

Another quick question.

Of the longtails is there specific one's to avoid or are they all pretty reliable with good part support. Kohler, Vanguard, Honda

I believe my 31 was a kohler and didn't have any issues. Seems like most of the bigger motors are now vanguards. I was told that Warren Coco's son still runs a 31 horse longtail even with all the new tech out there.

I'd just make sure to stick with either GD or backwater frames and whatever comes on it will run fine. If you know a good lawn mower mechanic he can fix your motor for minor problems

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Another quick question.

Of the longtails is there specific one's to avoid or are they all pretty reliable with good part support. Kohler, Vanguard, Honda
    My 25 hp is a Kohler and it is a beast (still have the motor, just use it for a different motor application)

If you worry about killing a battery get a 23 hp with a recoil start option. You can't pull start a 25 Kohler
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 01-04-2022 at 04:12 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill