Thread: First and last

Default First and last

Probly the last deer of 2021 for me but a first for me and my 2 older boys. Went to the club this evening and got in just as the rain was stopping. Sat down at 4:35. Oldest boy was coughing and I wasn't expecting much. 5:15 a yearling and 2 does came out. One of the does had a double white throat patch and looked like a bag of bones with a horse head. Boys have been begging me to shoot a deer behind the house but I really wanted to shoot one at the club. As I got the rifle ready, big boy kept coughing, middle boy kept popping up and down like a jack in the box and the wind was swirling. I could tell the gig was about to be up. I shot and the deer was quartering to me a little more than I thought. Found a piece of her liver in the food plot but no blood. Walked in the woods a little ways trying to cut blood. Steeped in a stump hole up to my thigh and told the boys we were gonna call for help. Last thing I wanted to do was break my leg 2 miles deep with no signal alone in the dark with my 7 and 5 year old. Drove back up the the road and called my buddy with a dog. Deer only made it 100yds but we would have never found her. Boys had a great time and now want a dog that finds deer. First kill with my boys hopefully many more to come.
    9194F9FE-A095-4AE9-BCB3-2E2C1AABA148.jpg
    4DAFD50C-B8CC-4D0C-BACD-A476131AEC2A.jpg
    580464F3-234C-4153-B770-EFDB2E59133B.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Anyone in York Chester or Fairfield county that ever needs a dog I got you. Dude ain't too hard to find. Dog was on the trial 2 mins max

Good stuff

Nice

Good job. Enjoy the days afield with your sons. Time will fly by faster than you think possible.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Yup, enjoy the kids while you can. Time flies and you wake up one day and they're taking you hunting instead.
    Congrats on the kill and recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Probly the last deer of 2021 for me but a first for me and my 2 older boys. Went to the club this evening and got in just as the rain was stopping. Sat down at 4:35. Oldest boy was coughing and I wasn't expecting much. 5:15 a yearling and 2 does came out. One of the does had a double white throat patch and looked like a bag of bones with a horse head. Boys have been begging me to shoot a deer behind the house but I really wanted to shoot one at the club. As I got the rifle ready, big boy kept coughing, middle boy kept popping up and down like a jack in the box and the wind was swirling. I could tell the gig was about to be up. I shot and the deer was quartering to me a little more than I thought. Found a piece of her liver in the food plot but no blood. Walked in the woods a little ways trying to cut blood. Steeped in a stump hole up to my thigh and told the boys we were gonna call for help. Last thing I wanted to do was break my leg 2 miles deep with no signal alone in the dark with my 7 and 5 year old. Drove back up the the road and called my buddy with a dog. Deer only made it 100yds but we would have never found her. Boys had a great time and now want a dog that finds deer. First kill with my boys hopefully many more to come.
    9194F9FE-A095-4AE9-BCB3-2E2C1AABA148.jpg
    4DAFD50C-B8CC-4D0C-BACD-A476131AEC2A.jpg
    580464F3-234C-4153-B770-EFDB2E59133B.jpg

GREAT pictures my friend. Enjoy them, they grow up way tooo fast

Heck yeah! Kids will teach you, that you can get away with a lot more than you would think. And it sure is fun watching a kids reaction!

Great photos! Really love the first one of the dog baying. Everyone’s happy even the dog!

Lol sounds like my morning. My son was coughing away. Wouldn’t trade it for the world but hunting with kids is a whole different ballgame. Good for you taking them! Great memories!
    Last edited by hunterjw; 12-31-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Good job Andrew. Those boys keep growing. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    Good job Andrew. Those boys keep growing. Congratulations!
    Yes sir. I appreciate it

What a great day! Happy for you

Good ol’ Spud….fine dog
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    Good ol’ Spud….fine dog
    You ain't kidding. I hate we had to get him out but I believe the boys enjoyed watching him work than anything else

good stuff Andrew. spud's a cool ass hound for sure.

Great post Andrew and you are raising some fine young men.

Good job, Big Hands.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Solid congrats

That’s awesome buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com