View Poll Results: Elders or kids get in line first?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elders eat first

34 77.27%
  • Kids eat first

10 22.73%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kids or the elders?

Here’s another one that makes me scratch my head: First come first serve restaurants…..
    All the tables are taken, you order your food and wait patiently for a table. While looking around one or two people are sitting by themselves after finishing the meal just scrolling social media.

Do you eat and leave or claim
    Your table and stay as long as you want?
    I roll out as soon as I’m done but recently I noticed others don’t think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    Here’s another one that makes me scratch my head: First come first serve restaurants…..
    All the tables are taken, you order your food and wait patiently for a table. While looking around one or two people are sitting by themselves after finishing the meal just scrolling social media.

Do you eat and leave or claim
    Your table and stay as long as you want?
    I roll out as soon as I’m done but recently I noticed others don’t think that way.
    When you eat and then camp out at the table
    You are screwing your server over, the server needs to turn her tables over with new customers several times a shift to make money

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    When you eat and then camp out at the table
    You are screwing your server over, the server needs to turn her tables over with new customers several times a shift to make money
    What if I give her a $20 tip for a $15 meal?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    i usually see mamas fix kids plate first. could honestly care less who eats first though. maybe in harder times when there might not have been enough to go around it would have mattered
    This.

Man this whole thing hits home with me. I seem to have lost the battle about the kids not eating until the adults get theirs and it's just not a fight I'm willing to take on. Just too many people in our family (mostly on the outlaw side) that don't give it a second thought. My FIL though - that joker will practically push a woman outta the way to fix his plate first. Every time. Drives me INSANE. I've made comments to no avail. Hell, my dad's been dead for 15 years and even he called him out on it way back when. I think it might be time to make a scene. Women should ALWAYS get the first crack at fixing their plates, IMO.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    happy camping

Then I'd go flyin' in my taxi.

I've heard that some folks have been known to suckerpunch a kid in the food line for taking to long to get their food.
    I laughed out loud.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

It's funny because we were and are always expected to let the women, the guests get their plates first; however, my mother and grandmother before her, ALWAYS are last to the table, and of course, we wait on them to eat. Drives me nuts, I have watched my mother and know she finds things to muss about with so she can be last to the table. I have no explanation. However, and maybe this should be another poll, but do you wait until everyone is seated before you eat, and do you extend the same courtesy at dessert? MG

PS: at large gatherings, we pray BEFORE anyone gets their plate.
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 01-04-2022 at 03:33 PM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

I think the OP's question goes beyond just eating. Has anyone else noticed how some families let their children's schedules (sports, music lessons, etc.) dictate the entire family's schedule? It is unhealthy to teach children they are the number one priority. Your soccer game does not take precedence over my fishing schedule you little shit!
    DILLIGAF