Thread: Dovetail RMR Mount

Default Dovetail RMR Mount

I added a Trijicon recently on a G 19 I built with ZEV before they started building their own pistols and really like it. It makes it ALOT easier for me to shoot quicker and more accurately than without it. The need for reading glasses has made it tough to quickly pick up that front sight. Anyway question is, do any of you have one of these dovetail RMR mounts? Considering one for my 1911 bc I do t want to drill and cut out that slide. I know you loose the rear sight and can’t have co witness sight. Anybody have one?
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I’ve used them a good bit. There are so many different 1911 rear sight cuts, just make sure you get the right one. EGW makes some good ones and they have one for about every sight cut made. The sight is going to sit a lot higher above your bore axis that one that has been milled. If you find you like having a dot on your 1911, you can have a smith build you a new slide and fit it to your frame. Atlas make an optics ready slide and a plate to fit about any optic. That’s the route I’m going on my 2011.
    Last edited by FLS; 12-30-2021 at 10:42 AM.

I have a ff3 on a tx22. There not many threads on the locking screws and they stripped on me but Burris replaced them no questions asked. Still getting used to finding the dot . . .