Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vinyl floor Gurus

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    Are you acclimating the tiles? Sounds like they may be expanding once they get inside.
    Good call, HJ. Vinyl doesn't expand and contract as much as laminate and wood, but it could definitely be a factor in this case. Is the area enclosed, Raylon? And does it have heat and air?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

What Manufacturer and Style Name Plank are you using? If the Instructions don't specifically give instructions for Adhesive, it is probably not needed. Is there a Tongue and Groove on the Sides of the Pieces?

-It’s my sons room and the spare bedroom so yeah heated and cooled. The flooring has been in the house several days before I put it in.

-it’s Style Selections brand from Lowe’s. I tried it with just the primer like it said but that definitely gave me the worst results. I finished the second room last night using the primer and adhesive and it definitely did better than the first but if you tap the floor you can still find some that just won’t stick.

Just thought about something. Is the slab level? Look up the subfloor disrepancy chart for your flooring. The technical specs usually include a tolerance in floor height the floor can withstand. Then, run a level or straight-edge across the areas where the floor isn't sticking. Maybe there are dips, thus creating air pockets. Worth a shot.

Just realized you're dealing with plank versus square tile. Al LOT more room for air to get under 4' planks that under 12" tiles. I'm guessing this may very well be the issue.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 12-30-2021 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Additional Information
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

My bet is this is a Loose Lay, Lock and Fold Floor that is not to be glued down. Style Selections is just Lowe's Brand name, do you have a picture of the Box End? IF you are trying to Glue a Floating Floor, it will not stick.

It’s a peel and stick vinyl plank that already has an adhesive backing.

I think part of my problem is I’m trying to push them together to not leave any gap on the sides and it’s actually pinching the planks and making the centers lift.

You cannot add Adhesive to Peel and Stick. You really need to start over, and follow installation instructions, especially how to place planks next to each other.

The adhesive you're adding is not binding to the adhesive on the planks.

Listen to SwampDecoy! He knows his stuff when it comes to flooring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure. I don’t understand why the floor without adhesive in my opinion needs to be redone but the room I used adhesive on is rock solid.

Also a good many of the panels that didn’t stick I noticed they had 2” wide strips down them with no adhesive applied.