Thread: Georgetown Inshore

Default Georgetown Inshore

Closing on the house next Tuesday. Taking boat down and wanna fish at least twice. Where do you guys put-in, and how far do you have to run for decent spots? How have y'all been doing lately? Thanks in advance.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Closest, IMO would be the big landing on 17 south of town, you can run up the Sampit and be fishing quick. If you aren't familiar with the area, I would ease into fishing Winyah Bay, Muddy Bay and the North Inlet. You can get yourself in trouble with a quickness out there. You can also go south to Buck Hall and fish Cape Romain. A lot of area to learn but it is more forgiving than the bays up north. That's just my $0.02. For a quick option close to town, I would look at the Sampit.
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Closest, IMO would be the big landing on 17 south of town, you can run up the Sampit and be fishing quick. If you aren't familiar with the area, I would ease into fishing Winyah Bay, Muddy Bay and the North Inlet. You can get yourself in trouble with a quickness out there. You can also go south to Buck Hall and fish Cape Romain. A lot of area to learn but it is more forgiving than the bays up north. That's just my $0.02. For a quick option close to town, I would look at the Sampit.
    I would second this. Winyah isn't bad in general but if you don't know where the sandbars are you'll get stuck quick. I watched a 22ft CC try to cut a corner on the falling tide last week, he was stuck for a few hours until the tide turned. North Inlet will tear your stuff up if you don't know where you're going.

I only go to Georgetown for tournaments. We fish out of Caroll ashmore (big landing) and typically fish the delta.

Put in at the ferry and head to the rocks. Drop you some shrimp on the bottom. Bound to catch something.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Fish the Sampit or run over and fish around the lighthouse and Shell Banks. Falling tide and SW winds in the PM mean rough water for a little boat. I prefer putting in at the Ball Park over Carol Campbell, just never liked those ramps. If it's calm, the jetties will give plenty of action just watch the tide, it can get snotty quick for small boats between those rocks. Fishing north, circle the nun buoy, south, circle South Mound.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

What do you want to catch? Now is the best time of year.

With the Freeman why stay inshore. Blast through them jetties drinking on your pappy till you hit the hole.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Only way to learn where shit is is to hit it. I’ve spent several nights on sandbars in Mud Bay and Santee. I’ve been running the creeks of North Inlet since I learned to drive a boat. It’s not near as daunting as everyone makes it out to be! Gotta go and learn!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Only way to learn where shit is is to hit it. I’ve spent several nights on sandbars in Mud Bay and Santee. I’ve been running the creeks of North Inlet since I learned to drive a boat. It’s not near as daunting as everyone makes it out to be! Gotta go and learn!!

If you ain’t run aground, you ain’t been around.

Scott, look at it this way, if you get stuck, there’s less people to laugh at you this time of year anyway.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    If you ain’t run aground, you ain’t been around.

Scott, look at it this way, if you get stuck, there’s less people to laugh at you this time of year anyway.
    One of the best days I’ve ever spent fishing inshore was run aground at the eastern point of Cane Island. We ran aground on a mid tide falling and it took almost a full high to get off. By the time we got off I think we had caught 40 something spot tail.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Yea, seems like I always run aground on my “quick” trips though and never when I was prepared to stay all day.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14