Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey results

Default Survey results

What are you guys seeing? Total #s are down around these parts but with the lack of habitat, I’m surprised any birds remain.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sport...6f6e62624.html
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Does that mean the overall average poult survival rate was 2 per hen? My winter flocks are larger than normal. The dry spring most likely helped recruitment.

That’s the way I read it. I’m not seeing the gobblers like I used to. A fair amount of hens. 1 longbeard has been with the same 6 hens all winter. I get pics of them almost daily.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    That’s the way I read it. I’m not seeing the gobblers like I used to. A fair amount of hens. 1 longbeard has been with the same 6 hens all winter. I get pics of them almost daily.
    Quit shooting all of them.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I’ve seen more birds this year and last year than I have in a while. I have a self imposed limit of one gobbler per property max and trap as many coons and opossums as I can.

Somebody killing them for sure. Just not me

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I’ve seen more birds this year and last year than I have in a while. I have a self imposed limit of one gobbler per property max and trap as many coons and opossums as I can.
    Same here. Even if it’s game land, my buddies and I try to keep it at 1 per tract. I hate I missed the days when we actually had turkeys. I didn’t start until I was 34 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Seen more poults this year than I have in the last 15. They are everywhere. Looks to be a fair amount of carryover from last year as well. Looks like a good crop of 2 year old gobblers. This is in Charleston and Berkeley counties.

Maybe the changes actually helped.

I did not see as many poults as I normally do so this is good news.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

We had a good amount of poults this year near my lease but they were all most all hens

I've got a new to me place to hunt and have it loaded with cameras since June'ish. Sometime late summer I got my first picture of a gobbler and he was probably the biggest turkey I'd ever seen. That was the only picture I ever go of him. Through the fall and as late as last week when I pulled all the cameras, on a regular basis I have a group (most I've counted was 33) of all hens. They come to the same field several times a week. 30+ birds and no dudes in the bunch.

Do we ever get to the point were we have a fall season with a hen tag?

Hens lay the eggs. One Gobbler can fertilize a bunch of them. Dead hens don't lay eggs. Yall wannabe hen shooters remember that.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

You’ll never see a hen season in SC again.

And why would you even want to?

How many stands and cameras were stolen during this "survey"?

And what he said.

We kill female everything else. Maybe we stop killing hen ducks all together too? I could care less either way…

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Might want to add great horned owls to your list. Read they were pretty tough on them also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    We kill female everything else. Maybe we stop killing hen ducks all together too? I could care less either way…
    Back in the day I hunted more than one place where dead hen ducks cost you $10.00 each. The money was sent to Delta Waterfowl at the end of the season.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.