Thread: Florida Hunts

Default Florida Hunts

Anybody got a line on a semi-guided hunt outfitter in Florida?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Where in Florida are you looking and for what?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Where in Florida are you looking and for what?
    since it's in the turkey forum I would guess he's asking about turkey hunting. Then again I have been wrong before
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Yea, turkeys. In Florida.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Sorry I just read on the most recent threads and didn’t notice.

I live in Florida and can tell you if you are looking to kill an Osceola I would be south of Orlando. They draw the line further north but no doubt a lot of those birds are eastern hybrids. Just look at the wing barring for some of the outfitters north of there.

Your experience is going to depend on how much you want to pay unless you know someone.
    Last edited by hunterjw; 11-28-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Go to Big Cypress and forget the guide.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Go to Big Cypress and forget the guide.
    If you’re looking to see the real Florida woods yes but to kill a turkey no. The harvest numbers are something like <25 birds each spring

https://myfwc.com/hunting/harvest-re...-season-areas/

If you are looking to do public dm me and I can suggest some areas to apply for. That being said most all take 5 plus preference points now (5years)

If you’re looking to see the real Florida woods yes but to kill a turkey no. The harvest numbers are something like <25 birds each spring

https://myfwc.com/hunting/harvest-re...-season-areas/

If you are looking to do public dm me and I can suggest some areas to apply for. That being said most all take 5 plus preference points now (5years)
    That's why I was looking for a semi-guided where you can stay on the property and get some tips but the set up and calling is up to you.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    That's why I was looking for a semi-guided where you can stay on the property and get some tips but the set up and calling is up to you.
    I think all of the private operations would have no issues with that but I don’t see it being a discounted hunt. They all know their is money in Osceolas.

Aside from them some of the leases sell turkey hunts in the spring for probably half of the private outfitters. I know the one by me in Daytona did but as mentioned above it’s a cross hybrid

The farther South of Orlando and I-4 the better off you are for a true Osceola.

Good luck with a hook up. Turkey hunters with known good trespass fee spots (especially for Osceolas) are not going to offer up. It’s worse than asking for a duck hunting spot.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    The farther South of Orlando and I-4 the better off you are for a true Osceola.

Good luck with a hook up. Turkey hunters with known good trespass fee spots (especially for Osceolas) are not going to offer up. It’s worse than asking for a duck hunting spot.
    I would echo this. if a true Osceola is what you want, you need to be south of Orlando. You also have to remember that every hunter that wants a grand slam has to go to a very small area of this country to do so. Land owners down there know what they have, and they charge for it. If someone has a “deal” they aren’t going to share it. Big Cypress has turkeys. After being there, I think the population is higher than some think. Yes, it is hard, and there are lots of idiots. The good news is that idiots consistently do idiotic things, and turkeys react consistently to idiots whether you are in Immokalee, FL, or Northport, WA. I may be dead wrong, but I think given 4 days, I could kill one in Big Cypress again. If I can help you, bring a few beers and meet me at the river. If you are looking to check the NWTF “Osceola” box, you can ride with me to a buddy’s place in Lake Butler and we will be home in 18 hours round trip.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

So I guess I'm seeing things differently.

I see a bunch of outfits on the innerwebs offering guided and semi-guided hunts in Florida. I'm interested in the semi or self guided. Some of them are a little north for Osceolas, whatever.

I'll shoot some emails to the ones that have the best looking website and see if they have any availability.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

I think all of the private operations would have no issues with that but I don’t see it being a discounted hunt. They all know their is money in Osceolas.

Aside from them some of the leases sell turkey hunts in the spring for probably half of the private outfitters. I know the one by me in Daytona did but as mentioned above it’s a cross hybrid

And this isn’t really accurate. Outfitters down there pay landowners for the birds, and most pay for X amount before the season. The best way to assure that every hunter “gets their opportunity” is to make them sit and wait on birds, as opposed to striking a bird and calling him in. So, most don’t allow you to hunt the way you’d like to hunt.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I would echo this. if a true Osceola is what you want, you need to be south of Orlando. You also have to remember that every hunter that wants a grand slam has to go to a very small area of this country to do so. Land owners down there know what they have, and they charge for it. If someone has a “deal” they aren’t going to share it. Big Cypress has turkeys. After being there, I think the population is higher than some think. Yes, it is hard, and there are lots of idiots. The good news is that idiots consistently do idiotic things, and turkeys react consistently to idiots whether you are in Immokalee, FL, or Northport, WA. I may be dead wrong, but I think given 4 days, I could kill one in Big Cypress again. If I can help you, bring a few beers and meet me at the river. If you are looking to check the NWTF “Osceola” box, you can ride with me to a buddy’s place in Lake Butler and we will be home in 18 hours round trip.
    Thanks for that. I'm not looking to check any box. The missus and I were talking to day about making memories and we decided a quick Florida hunt would be a good fit for us.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

I have a place. True Osceola. Trespass fee. He takes limited hunters a year. it’s not cheap and probably already booked. I booked last winter for this year.
    Last edited by FLS; 11-30-2021 at 07:03 AM.

A buddy has a large greenhouse operation and orange grove in Polk County, he pumps water out a 25 acre bay surrounded by palmettos. He swears he has the biggest birds around. I would invite Feet’s, but he’ll have to travel through GA and he hates GA. Reckon I’ll find someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    A buddy has a large greenhouse operation and orange grove in Polk County, he pumps water out a 25 acre bay surrounded by palmettos. He swears he has the biggest birds around. I would invite Feet’s, but he’ll have to travel through GA and he hates GA. Reckon I’ll find someone else.
    That's just rude AF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.