Thread: Looking For Small SUV/Crossover

Default Looking For Small SUV/Crossover

Beginning the search for one of my girls. Looking for something along the lines of a Highlander, RAV 4, CRV etc. Preferably less than 100k miles. Plan is for this vehicle to get her through the rest of college until she decides to buy something on her own. I’m thinking our budget is going to keep us in something pre-2017 or so. Anybody getting ready to upgrade and in the market to sell? I’m in Charleston, but will travel for the right situation.

Even though I am a Toyota guy, my gf has a 2018 CRV and I really like it. When we were car shopping for her we were set on a RAV4 until I went to sit in one. I felt like I had to fold in half getting into it. She also ended up liking the CRV better so that's what she bought.

Price range?
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Thanks Strutn. She’s not a big kid, and don’t really want thee to be any room for dudes in the car….we are Toyota fans as well. Lots friends with Honda vehicles that love them.

$15k is top end of budget.

This not a direct help but I got my son a 2006 Ford Escape when he was learning to drive in 2010. He's still driving it and other than couple of window motors has not had to spend any money other than usual maintenance. I got my daughter a slightly used 2012 after she graduated college - she's still driving hers too.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEGIRLS View Post
    Thanks Strutn. She’s not a big kid, and don’t really want thee to be any room for dudes in the car….we are Toyota fans as well. Lots friends with Honda vehicles that love them.

$15k is top end of budget.
    She paid $18,00 or $20,000 (can't remember) for her 2018 EX with 53,000 miles last year at the start of the car craziness. I just blue booked it and private party is $26,000.

In the past 5 years or so Honda went to a turbo engine and cvt trans on the CRV. Not saying they’re terrible but a lot of people didn’t like the change. So I’d look into that.

Personally I’d lean towards the RAV 4.

I might have what you are looking for. Let me see what the misses is thinking. We have run out of room with the babies and need to upsize as much as I hate it.
    2014 CRV EX-L. Everything except navigation. I'm thinking 107,000 miles. Will have to verify that.
    Last edited by joshua2; 02-13-2022 at 04:31 PM.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I know where a clean 2013 Highlander with 100k miles on it is

Think they want 22

Monday Evening Bump

I have a 2011 ford escape, 3.0 all wheel drive, been a great little suv for whats its worth. Havent had to spend anything on it so far at 196000 miles, would recommend

Thanks Frank. That’s a few more miles than what I am looking for. Appreciate the response.

I've been looking for a used suv for my daughter as well. I just decided to buy her a brand new RAV4. Heck, you will pay almost the same price for a used 3 year old car with 50,000 miles as a brand new car. This one will have to last her through college etc. The next one is on her. Looked at the Honda CR-V but i don't like a CVT transmission so I went with the AT transmission in the Toyota.
    Last edited by FOWL MOUTH; 02-17-2022 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEGIRLS View Post
    Thanks Frank. That’s a few more miles than what I am looking for. Appreciate the response.
    oh, I wasnt wanting to sell it, was just recommending it