Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best ATV/UTV right now?

Default Best ATV/UTV right now?

In the market for a UTV. What is good now? I've never owned one so I don't have a clue.
    Looking for 4 seats, gas powered, and a little bed on it. I like the idea of the two seaters that have flip up seats in the bed.

Been looking at the Polaris since they supposedly are somewhat less noisy and we have a dealership in Flo.

What say you all?

I've been on the 2 seater polaris and the 4 seater, both with the same motor, 4x4 etc. Both are as nice and smooth riding as can be. Relatively quiet in the woods. Only draw back I see of the 4 seater is that bastard is hard to turn around in the woods! I mean like Austin Powers trying to turn around in the tunnel hard. The bed on the back holds a decent amount of stuff, like chain saws, climbers, spray tanks, seed and fertilizer. Hope this helps.
    every expert was once a beginner

Mule pro with the bed that converts to 2 extra seats.

I bought an Arctic Cat Prowler last summer I’ve been real happy with. They make a crew model as well. It’s quiet

Suzuki Samurai and a set of swampers

John Deere Gator

I researched this until I was blue in the face. I eliminated the Polaris because it is belt driven and I’m in water a lot. I love Honda engines, but even the 4 seat pioneer wasn’t big enough for my needs, and it is loud. I got down to a mule Pro FX and a Can Am. Some buddies out west love the Can Am, but I couldn’t see the $5k difference. I got the mule, and couldn’t be more pleased. I am typically fairly impulsive, but wait times made me really be intentional about this. I was 99% convicted when I chose, and now that I’ve had it a month, I’m 110%.

And, converting it to a 2 seater and lengthening the bed is far easier than advertised

Just my experience
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

We’ve got a gator 825i and it’s had a few hiccups but nothing major. Strong machine and meets all of our needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I researched this until I was blue in the face. I eliminated the Polaris because it is belt driven and I’m in water a lot. I love Honda engines, but even the 4 seat pioneer wasn’t big enough for my needs, and it is loud. I got down to a mule Pro FX and a Can Am. Some buddies out west love the Can Am, but I couldn’t see the $5k difference. I got the mule, and couldn’t be more pleased. I am typically fairly impulsive, but wait times made me really be intentional about this. I was 99% convicted when I chose, and now that I’ve had it a month, I’m 110%.

And, converting it to a 2 seater and lengthening the bed is far easier than advertised

Just my experience
    You understand a mule has a cvt transmission AKA belt as well right? That being said the mule is a solid machine, the one on the farm has 800+ hours and over 8,000 miles, Preventative maintenance and a recall only. I just bought a 2022 Polaris Ranger 1000 premium single overhead cam and like it a lot so far.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 12-25-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Mule pro fxt

Or a ranger and a good butt cushion and set of ear plugs
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I’ve beat and abused my little 625i Gator. Looked at a Kubota with a convertible bed like the Mule that I liked a lot.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Best Atv for 4? Answer is the same as it was in 1994: two Honda 4-wheelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    You understand a mule has a cvt transmission AKA belt as well right? That being said the mule is a solid machine, the one on the farm has 800+ hours and over 8,000 miles, Preventative maintenance and a recall only. I just bought a 2022 Polaris Ranger 1000 premium single overhead cam and like it a lot so far.
    Maybe my face wasn’t as blue as I thought. I didn’t realize that. My partner at our place had the 2 seater mule and it always handled the water well. Never belt issues. I appreciate the knowledge.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I switched from polaris to mule pro something last year. I like it better. Tighter turning radius and I lioe the back seat turns into a bed.
    Seats are less comfortable than polaris

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Maybe my face wasn’t as blue as I thought. I didn’t realize that. My partner at our place had the 2 seater mule and it always handled the water well. Never belt issues. I appreciate the knowledge.
    Them old school belts are the ones that slipped. Mine is a 14 or 15 and I have put it through absolute hell and back and changed the oil twice. It doesn't skip a beat. I do need some tires though
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Rangers Gators and Mules are what you see with the most hours and miles on them for sale. Stick with those and you can’t go wrong. I bought the Polaris because there are tons of aftermarket parts available and they’re easy to work on. The new rangers have power and a bus bar under the hood to add accessories, it makes it incredibly easy.

Hard to beat Polaris in my opinion.

My next door people got a Kubota with the diesel and that thing is tough as heck with the bed but just a 2 seater. Winch and a lift in the bed that can be taken out to lift heavy stuff, really impressed with it. Not real fast but
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Water is a non-issue with Polaris.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Bought a 2021 ranger 1000 crew back in April. It is already approaching 2,000 miles and couldn’t be more pleased with it.
    Last edited by LMR; 12-25-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Water is a non-issue with Polaris.
    This right here.

I have 3 Rangers. Can't beat them. After market parts are wide ranging as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.