Thread: Timber Fillets aka Wood Duck

Default Timber Fillets aka Wood Duck

This species absolutely represents Gods attention to detail in wildlife He has blessed us with.

Shot on a iPhone Pro Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to beat a good wood duck beat down. Hoping to go on a good one in the morning myself. Fine table fare as well

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Great pic

Beautiful!

Magazine cover quality photo right there!!!

Other than some very young birds, I never really see a wood duck that doesn't look absolutely gorgeous. Great pic!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Teedo44 View Post
    Magazine cover quality photo right there!!!
    I’d sell it if you have contacts! Ha

Good killins'...

Quote Originally Posted by barronc View Post
    I’d sell it if you have contacts! Ha

you already posted it on the interwebs so it will be tough to sell now. What you could do is write a good story about the hunt and sell it to a publication. Anywhere from 50-500 bucks depending on words and what publication. If you are interested in that, let me know. I can point ya in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    you already posted it on the interwebs so it will be tough to sell now. What you could do is write a good story about the hunt and sell it to a publication. Anywhere from 50-500 bucks depending on words and what publication. If you are interested in that, let me know. I can point ya in the right direction.
    Great idea. Shoot me any leads you have. I’ll talk with my buds and see if they want to share the story.

Quote Originally Posted by barronc View Post
    Great idea. Shoot me any leads you have. I’ll talk with my buds and see if they want to share the story.

THere is a story in the words "Timber Fillets". You don't have to give an exact where to, how to, "we went hunting, shot ducks they are pretty, the end". We have all read those stories and are kind of white noise. If saw this photo with a story about timber fillets id read it. If it was sarcastic and kind of funny, id send it to Field Ethos. If it is nostalgic, South Carolina Wildlife. If it is a where to/how to, I'd try Carolina Sportsman. In all of these, don't get your feelings hurt if they say no. Id be happy to proofread and give advice for you or anyone that is thinking about writing/outdoor media. Just send me a PM.

Funny story about editors, a mentor of mine sent a book to a publisher. One of the proofreaders remarked that he should try writing a magazine article before he tries a book. Little did he know that my mentor has been in Field and Stream, Infisherman, and Grays sporting Journal with regularity. He had written thousands of articles, won close to 100 awards, and already had an award winning book. Just because one person doesnt like it, doesnt mean it can't make someone else smile.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    THere is a story in the words "Timber Fillets". You don't have to give an exact where to, how to, "we went hunting, shot ducks they are pretty, the end". We have all read those stories and are kind of white noise. If saw this photo with a story about timber fillets id read it. If it was sarcastic and kind of funny, id send it to Field Ethos. If it is nostalgic, South Carolina Wildlife. If it is a where to/how to, I'd try Carolina Sportsman. In all of these, don't get your feelings hurt if they say no. Id be happy to proofread and give advice for you or anyone that is thinking about writing/outdoor media. Just send me a PM.

Funny story about editors, a mentor of mine sent a book to a publisher. One of the proofreaders remarked that he should try writing a magazine article before he tries a book. Little did he know that my mentor has been in Field and Stream, Infisherman, and Grays sporting Journal with regularity. He had written thousands of articles, won close to 100 awards, and already had an award winning book. Just because one person doesnt like it, doesnt mean it can't make someone else smile.
    I appreciate the advice.

It’s hard to beat a good story and there’s no need of them going to waste when we have platforms to share.