Just what the title says, what are you willing to do to see more ducks in our Atlantic Flyway?

Had some thoughtful discussion the last couple days in the blind with a friend who hunts all over the world.

My thought on ducks migrating is this, #1 weather, #2 habitat, #3 pressure/rest.

Only two of those items you can control. And one of those two you can only partially control. The third item we can fully control.

So whats the first step. What do we as hunters have to sacrifice to be able to see the numbers return? How can hunters and government work together instead of the blame game? Are we pissing in the wind with this discussion or can we actually do something to change this trend.

My opinion is first limiting the season or hours to hunt and how you are able to hunt from a transportation stand point. Second thought is seeing a way for private companies to manage or farmers allowed to share crop on state and federal land. In SC are a small state but we have a lot of the remaining habitat on the coast in conservation easements. Public hunting near these private properties wouldnt be what it is if these folks didnt work hard to keep up their land.

Finally the hot button issue. Scientifically, is taking natural habitat and planting row crops effecting migration. Will people study this and change on their own what their habitat looks like? What should a duck be eating or foraging for to be able to migrate. Is there a balance to find for folks to be happy about not being told what to do on their property to wanting to help duck numbers enough to change practices.

Long I know but thoughts.