Thread: Reelfoot hunters killed

Default Reelfoot hunters killed

Place sure has had some bad times lately...

Midwest tornadoes kill local man and son on hunting trip; Tallahassee father still missing
    Brandon Shields
    Jackson Sun

TIPTONVILLE, TENN. – A North Florida family that has already lost two people from the tornado that hit Reelfoot Lake State Park late Friday night is missing a third family member.

Ashleigh Hall said her dad, Jamie Antonio Hall, was one of a group of eight who traveled from Tallahassee to Tiptonville to go duck hunting for the weekend.

“We still haven’t located him or heard from him,” Ashleigh said during a phone interview about 1 p.m on Saturday.

The death toll from a series of tornadoes that roared across at least five states continued to rise Sunday, as somber rescuers picked through the rubble of shattered buildings and communities, searching for survivors and remains.

More than 30 tornadoes were reported late Friday, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Kentucky was hardest hit, with at least 70 confirmed fatalities early Sunday, but scores more people were missing and feared dead elsewhere.

Jamie Antonio Hall
    Tornadoes:Multiple counties in northwest Tennessee suffer damage from tornadoes Friday night

Jackson weather radar:Track storm forecast and possible tornado warnings

The group from Florida’s capital city was staying at the Cypress Point Resort. A couple hours before the storms got to Lake County, Hall, his brother Steve Gunn and Gunn's young son all went to bed. The other five in the group were getting concerned about the storms and went to the resort's clubhouse to hang out and watch the storm come through, not knowing how big it would be.

“We’re from Florida, so we’re used to staying put during a hurricane, but tornadoes are different, and they didn’t expect a tornado to hit the hotel as directly as it did,” Ashleigh Hall said.

Tornado damage is seen at Cypress Lodge and Resort at Reelfoot Lake State Park in Tennessee on Dec. 11, 2021.
    The bodies of Gunn and his son were recovered early Saturday morning. But there’s still no word on Jamie.

Ashleigh said family members were traveling to Tiptonville on Saturday to help look for her father.

“He’s a heavy-set middle-aged Black man, and he was wearing his camouflage duck-hunting gear on Friday,” Ashleigh said. “So hopefully someone can find him and get him back to us."

Hall is a mortgage loan officer at Prime Meridian Bank.

“Jamie Hall is a prince of a man. Literally he’s just good people," Bank CEO and President Sammie Dixon told the Tallahassee Democrat. "We continue to pray for his recovery and we haven’t lost hope.”

Another member of their group identified Gunn and his son at the morgue after their bodies were recovered from the debris of Cypress Point.

“Please continue to keep our family in your prayers as we go through this terrible time,” she told WCTV Sunday morning.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ng/6485936001/

Tragic for all who were in the path.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Dang it that's just horrible.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I am going to guess that there will be more duck hunters caught up in this. I had no idea at the size of the loss of life until this afternoon...

Some of the damage pics are haunting.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Some of the damage pics are haunting.
    I’m telling you. I have a couple buddies from here up there as we speak. Been there since the day before it hit. Been getting pics every day after they hunt of the pure devastation around the lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr