Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about your night vision scope!

Default Tell me about your night vision scope!

Looking at getting one for hog hunting. Never looked through one nor held one. Know nothing about them. School me on what 2k get me? I think I want a thermal scope.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Check out the ATN ThOR. Range between 1k-5k.

I’m looking at the pulsar scopes. But they are in the $4000 range.

Personally after using both thermal and NV side by side, I prefer Thermal for location, but for shooting I like NV better. That was comparing an ATN 4K with a Thor.

Do these scopes eat through batteries quickly?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Just received Bering SuperHogster last week. Plan to put it on Diamondback DB10. New to the thermal game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachHunter View Post
    Just received Bering SuperHogster last week. Plan to put it on Diamondback DB10. New to the thermal game as well.
    I have never owned any kind of thermal or nv but I’ve looked through a couple different ones. A guy I know that does a lot of night hunting swears by the hogster for the amount of money. I’ve heard of the ATNs blacking out, not a lot but it is heard of. The pulsar i looked through was a thermion and that son of a gun was clear as day.
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.

Real interested to se what Coach thinks of the Super Hogster. I was looking at the Super Yoter. The Pulsar seems to be the middle ground. Every review I see and people I talk with say that a monocular is a must get also.

640 resolution is nice. Bering has a better warranty than Pulsar.
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 12-14-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Real interested to se what Coach thinks of the Super Hogster. I was looking at the Super Yoter. The Pulsar seems to be the middle ground. Every review I see and people I talk with say that a monocular is a must get also.

640 resolution is nice. Bering has a better warranty than Pulsar.
    Will let you know when I get it on and running. Won’t have anything to compare it to as it is my first purchase, but will at least give you my opinion.

dont buy anything ATN. piece of shit. Yeah, they'll keep sending you new ones, but you'll get sick of not being able to use it.

If you are sitting over a corn pile, get the new wraith mini. It does not come with a QD mount. Keep that in mind if you plan to move it around. It does have multiple profiles so you could set it up for multiple guns or subsonic loads or whatever. It's far superior to anything ATN. The light it comes with is fine for 200 yards. Uses CR123s in a compartment that you could actually change in the dark. Screw anything rechargeable or aux battery packs or whatever. Keep it light and simple.

If you are scanning, you'll want thermal. Hogster/superhogster, AGM Rattler TS35 are the best bang for your buck right now. They are light enough to use as a monocular. The AGM comes with a an american defense QD mount. You'll use that ALOT. I put a piece of pic rail on a single point sling and carry the TS35 everywhere.

If you are driving, walking, flying, whatever, you'll want night vision or a big moon... PVS14 on a helmet is my suggestion. If you go this route, you can use a NV compatible red dot on your weapon (lightweight) and a thermal monocular to scan. Big money, but best, IMO.

You will need to spend around $3K to get a thermal monocular/scope that's worth using, IMO.

If you are scanning big fields or property you arent familiar with, you'll quickly find out that figuring out a range to target is hell in the dark. With some experience using your optics, you can get pretty decent at guessing, but not at longer ranges. You will want something with rangefinding if you are trying to take longer shots.

Scanning with a weapon mounted thermal sucks. Heavy and flagging your buddies in the dark ain't cool.
    Last edited by bloodline; 12-14-2021 at 09:27 AM.

They said use a monocular for scanning. Some have even said het a hogster scope and use as a monocular.

The Pulsar Trail has a range finder. I thought that would be helpful.

Flashlight is a lot cheaper.

Sightmark wraith is hard to beat only thing I don’t Like is there is no audio with the video
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Pulsar Thermion and cheap monocular
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

What do you guys think about the Bering super yoter ?

Finally got my Bering SuperHogster mounted and sighted in this past weekend. Unfortunately, dealing with the flu now. Was able to watch 3 does from my carport from about 400 yards. Very clear.

I have a IRay Bolt TL35 and an AGM monocular for scanning. The Bolt has the best warranty I know of... although I have not had to use it and hope I don't. It's 5 years and a 5 day turn around on it being mailed back to you. It has internal batteries that last around 8 hours with an option for having spare batteries that are 18500 or 18650. I have the 18500 for mine. Haven't used mine enough to kill it so not for sure on the actual run time. They run $3299 I think... I bought the American defense mount as well so I could switch it between weapons. Right now it's on a Ruger MPR.

I was high on the Pulsar until I found the Bolt. I like the scope look to them. I don't think there is anything wrong with the Pulsar, just the warranty on the Bolt and the fact they are in Texas if you need work done to them with the 5 day guarantee sold me. I don't have much time on mine yet. Hopefully after I get back from Arkansas I can give it a real workout.

I think Bering is out of Texas as well. I watched a video about the Iray, and they showed side by side comparisons. It looked really good. I’m getting there, slowly though

Do you guys like the thermion and bolt because of mounting options?
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 12-22-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Trijicon reap ir