Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Hoyt

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Seen a many archery shops come and go. Not sure what caused them to close.
    Spartanburg needs one in a bad way, I need use of a cutoff saw and new inserts. Drove to Rock Hill earlier in the year to get 1/2 dozen arrows.
    Drop 'em by the office one day and I'll cut them to length, square and install inserts for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    I was close to Gaffney. An archery store needs a 20 yard shooting lane to survive, least I think so. With the amount of schools getting into the sport, I think a good one could make it.
    If any of y'all remember Roland's there on 501 Conway, that was the perfect setup.

I worked in a bow only shop for 5+ years as a tech/salesman/shop bitch. You need to have more than bows and bow accessories to make it work. The margins are too low for a stand-alone shop to be profitable. Cabelas makes far more money selling duck dynasty tshirts than anything in their archery dept. And the minimum orders to carry brands like Hoyt and Mathews are pretty damn high only to leave you with a handful of bows to sale at cost after 1 model year to get the inventory off your books. It’s a dying model and I don’t know what the fix is. I still want to shoot every bow to make up my mind on what I’d like to buy, but I’d love to be able to buy a bow online and have it shipped to my house.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    I worked in a bow only shop for 5+ years as a tech/salesman/shop bitch. You need to have more than bows and bow accessories to make it work. The margins are too low for a stand-alone shop to be profitable. Cabelas makes far more money selling duck dynasty tshirts than anything in their archery dept. And the minimum orders to carry brands like Hoyt and Mathews are pretty damn high only to leave you with a handful of bows to sale at cost after 1 model year to get the inventory off your books. It’s a dying model and I don’t know what the fix is. I still want to shoot every bow to make up my mind on what I’d like to buy, but I’d love to be able to buy a bow online and have it shipped to my house.
    IMO the main reason we don't have many archery shops here in SC is because we don't really have a real archery season along with having a 4 month long gun season.

Quote Originally Posted by rut & strut View Post
    Coming from someone that still shoots an out of date Bowtech and has an opinion for everything!
    You are correct. However, I plan on buying a new or new to me bow this year.

Norris furniture and archery in Shelby NC is my go to. Shouldn't be too far for you upstate guys

And yes I said furniture and archery. Take you wife. Place has everything
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid