Thread: 2022 plans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2022 plans

Never too early to daydream and think about next year.

I do not know exactly what my spring looks like but I think I will do a 4-5 day spring gobbler hunt in southern Iowa with the plan being to draw an Iowa archery tag for next fall. Turkey season is a great time for me to see the woods and think about deer. I probably won't see the woods between April and November so it helps me to "have a tree to climb" on the morning of day one n November.

Is anyone else planning on hunting Iowa next fall? I am hearing that Kansas was a harder draw this past year than in years past. I did buy a preference point for Kansas last year but I see Kansas as a 2023 or 2024 thing.

Who is looking at what?

I need to start putting in for mule deer, elk, and antelope points in the west. I have to get smarter on that.

I'm debating a trip to WY to fill a speed goat tag. And I'm hopeful I get another invite back to Missouri. We may take a fishing trip to Missouri to just to catch big blues in the Missouri river.

Deer and elk hunting somewhere out west. Usual trip with the family first week of November to our same ol camp ground to hunt and relax. Beyond that just a slave to my business.

Planning to head west for ducks the first of January then hopefully somewhere for a Rio this spring. Other than that I’ll head to Colorado for a pronghorn and build preference points for a mule deer tag again. Took me 3 years to draw the last one. I need to start applying for elk.

I'll prob travel to the 51st state that nobody knows about to kill a couple turkeys. Been putting off "the impossible slam" for a year or two but my son looked at me with disappointment the other day when I told him I was only 19th legion. Got to figure out where one of black beards pistols are on the bottom of the ocean but that's the easy part. Surgically fixing a double beard from the 51st state as prosthetic eye brows is the worst part.

i plan to sit by the cpu and check my email for dove invites from SW and Cali
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I started sending out invites on IM. Make sure you're on.

My user name is IB4skinless

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Never too early to daydream and think about next year.

I do not know exactly what my spring looks like but I think I will do a 4-5 day spring gobbler hunt in southern Iowa with the plan being to draw an Iowa archery tag for next fall. Turkey season is a great time for me to see the woods and think about deer. I probably won't see the woods between April and November so it helps me to "have a tree to climb" on the morning of day one n November.

Is anyone else planning on hunting Iowa next fall? I am hearing that Kansas was a harder draw this past year than in years past. I did buy a preference point for Kansas last year but I see Kansas as a 2023 or 2024 thing.

Who is looking at what?

I need to start putting in for mule deer, elk, and antelope points in the west. I have to get smarter on that.

How many points do you have for Iowa? Some units took 4pts this year to draw. I’m sitting on 2, so it’s a 2024 plan for me. I’ll put in for Kansas again. Might combo Kansas private (if drawn) and Missouri public on the way home if I can get it done quick in KS. This year I did not, in fact, get it done quick in Kansas. Ohio in January for some extra innings deer hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    How many points do you have for Iowa? Some units took 4pts this year to draw. I’m sitting on 2, so it’s a 2024 plan for me. I’ll put in for Kansas again. Might combo Kansas private (if drawn) and Missouri public on the way home if I can get it done quick in KS. This year I did not, in fact, get it done quick in Kansas. Ohio in January for some extra innings deer hunting.
    I have 4 now, will have 5 when I apply. Kansas points are cheap enough I don’t care if I buy an extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk