Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still locals?

Default Still locals?

Seems like we are still seeing just local doves in Middle Ga. Coming in real late afternoon and leaving quick. Hopefully some nasty weather will start pushing birds. What y’all seeing ?
    Last edited by Grey_Bird_Killa; 12-05-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Nebraska had more doves than ducks around there last week.

Stale

We’ve got nothing

Low numbers in the midlands of SC

We have a good number in the upstate. I have no way of knowing but I'm pretty sure they are migrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Stale
    Correct.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Bird_Killa View Post
    Seems like we are still seeing just local doves in Middle Ga. Coming in real late afternoon and leaving quick. Hopefully some nasty weather will start pushing birds. What y’all seeing ?
    I'm curious,what about coming in late and leaving quick leads on to assume local birds?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Last week I cut all of the remaining standing sunflowers in my field. I am absolutely loaded right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on....I chop four rows per week but still no good numbers. Had them before Thanksgiving but the numbers fell off.

Last year we chopped 100% of a field and birds actually left. Think they like the vertical cover with the hawk ingestion we have now.

Infestation. Dumb autocorrect

I got more at the bird feeder than field's I looked at------------BUT, I am available.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It’s the same 175-200 birds that’s been leftover since the end of the first season. Definitely local birds but just saying they changed their feeding times . Hoping to get some new birds coming in behind this rain. Did notice the birds are preferring the standing benne over mowed areas.

We leave our sunflowers standing.

I haven't had a good hunt yet this year.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I saw and killed a lot. They flew like migratory birds and they were all grown up.

what's a dove?
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Hoping some of these peanut and corn fields will start to sprout now after the rain and birds will come to the fresh feed.

I think the birds we shot over Thanksgiving were of the big, fast migratory type.
    Also, in my experience I think flowers dry to a point they get hard this time of year making it difficult for birds to remove the seed.
    Therefore, keeping fresh feed available on the ground is critical IMO.
    Peanut fields are full of birds down here now hopefully that changes quickly.