Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Dabo A GOAT?

Default Is Dabo A GOAT?

All this Tate talk got me to thinking...does TWO NC's get him into "elite" status? I say, YES, absolutely. Your thoughts?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

You can't have multiple GOATs. Saban is it in modern college football.

Of course, Saint Nick is king. But there are several REALLY good coaches beneath him. Is Dabo in that group is what I'm asking.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Bobby Bowden

This should be entertaining. Winning national championships is hard. Anybody that denies he's good at what he does is either bitter or simply a moron. Theres no in between....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    Bobby Bowden
    You just being a homer, a troll, or do you really mean that?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    This should be entertaining. Winning national championships is hard. Anybody that denies he's good at what he does is either bitter or simply a moron. Theres no in between....
    Anything added after this is just pot stirring
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Not even in consideration.

But.

Eventually he will get called up to the SEC and have the ultimate opportunity to prove that he does belong in the conversation. Or not...

To be clear, I'm not asking if he's THE GOAT; I'm asking if he's in that echelon of coaches just beneath Saint Nick. Hence, ONE of the GOAT's.

No such thing as “A” GOAT. A person has to be “The” GOAT. Dabo is not the GOAT, but having two puts him in a very small peer group.

One thing is certain, you would be crazy to bet against him like all the taters did when TerryBill hired him...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    One thing is certain, you would be crazy to bet against him like all the taters did when TerryBill hired him...
    Why you gotta call tprice out like that main?
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

0'fer against Kirby Smart. Possibly one of the worst in game coaches I've had the pleasure of watching. So no.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Remind us again how many rings Kirby has?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    You just being a homer, a troll, or do you really mean that?
    If you think Bobby Bowden wasn't one of the greatest college football coaches ever you obviously don't know much about college football. And being a homer has nothing to do with it. And you pretty much have the whole troll thing under control.

As far as dabo I believe he is a good coach . He's probably going to have 2 new coordinators this year so we'll see if he's a goat. Saban replaces coordinators every year and doesn't miss a beat so I would give him a nod over dabo

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    If you think Bobby Bowden wasn't one of the greatest college football coaches ever you obviously don't know much about college football. And being a homer has nothing to do with it. And you pretty much have the whole troll thing under control.

As far as dabo I believe he is a good coach . He's probably going to have 2 new coordinators this year so we'll see if he's a goat. Saban replaces coordinators every year and doesn't miss a beat so I would give him a nod over dabo
    I'll go toe-to-toe with you on CFB history any day, and I'll win.

I do agree that Bobby Bowden is in the elite group. But that wasn't the question. Hence, my confusion about your response.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Using this logic jimbo is a goat. And I was thinking he was an ass

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Anything added after this is just pot stirring
    11 live scrimmages and 3 real games a year can make for some success.

Did I stir it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'll go toe-to-toe with you on CFB history any day, and I'll win.

I do agree that Bobby Bowden is in the elite group. But that wasn't the question. Hence, my confusion about your response.
    I addressed your original question on my second post which you quoted BTW. Others have given similar answers go scold them. And I don't remember challenging you to a college football history quiz.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Not even in consideration.

But.

Eventually he will get called up to the SEC and have the ultimate opportunity to prove that he does belong in the conversation. Or not...

Agreed.

Until Clemson, Dabo, or anything orange/purple related play in the SEC, they’ll always be considered second class citizens.

I don’t make the rules.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.