Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clemson Job Openings

Default Clemson Job Openings

With Venables and Radakovich gone and Elliot possibly leaving for Virginia, who does everyone think will get the nod for DC, AD, and maybe OC?

Ive read Graham Neff, Deputy AD will likely be promoted to AD.

All Ive seen for DC is UGA DC, Alabama DC (dont think either of those are likely), Marion Hobby from the bengals, one of the Ryan brothers (also seems like a stretch) or hiring from within

OC I've got no idea. Maybe Chad Morris?

Return of the Morris.

Bobo for OC
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Who was the offensive coordinator for WV at the 2013 Orange Bowl? Let's get him.

The DC is coming from within and he’s someone nobody has ever heard of. He will be Co DC with Conn. I am pleased with that.

The talk is that Streeter will be promoted to OC with Kyle Richardson to coach QB’s. That move, I am not fond of. I’d bring in Joe Brady yesterday in some role.

Neff will be AD and should do well.

Dabo is a person that believes in promoting from within, so that’s what he’s going to do. We will see how it works. I think we have seen in the SEC that the carousel of “big name” coordinators doesn’t seem to work out any better. Fit is a big deal at Clemson, and Dabo values that above all else.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    The DC is coming from within and he’s someone nobody has ever heard of. He will be Co DC with Conn. I am pleased with that.

The talk is that Streeter will be promoted to OC with Kyle Richardson to coach QB’s. That move, I am not fond of. I’d bring in Joe Brady yesterday in some role.

Neff will be AD and should do well.

Dabo is a person that believes in promoting from within, so that’s what he’s going to do. We will see how it works. I think we have seen in the SEC that the carousel of “big name” coordinators doesn’t seem to work out any better. Fit is a big deal at Clemson, and Dabo values that above all else.
    Does he value "fit" above Wins ?? Serious question.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I think that would be a good move. If you want Venables II, I would get somebody that's worked closely under him.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-09-2021 at 11:19 AM.

I don’t understand the love for Brady. Sure he was the passing coordinator for LSU and made joe burrow look amazing. He did not call the plays though. He just got fired from the only place he has ever called plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I think that would be a good move. If you want Venables II, I would get somebody that's worked closely under him.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Take if for what it’s worth but the promotion from within is Wesley Goodwin. The “talk”, and I say that loosely, from the reporters with the contacts is he is the brain child behind the opponent play recognition. Venables asked him to come to OU as DC and this was a way to keep him here.

I could be way off on this but from what I have heard streeter is a hot commodity to Tony Elliot. He may would take him as his OC. Dabo may have his hands tied here because Streeter recruited klubnik is my understanding. Dabo may feel he can’t lose another QB. Promoting Streeter would keep all that at Clemson. That is just pondering and an opinion on my part, which I will admit isn’t worth the time it took me to write this lol.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-09-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Does he value "fit" above Wins ?? Serious question.
    Right or wrong, he thinks the two are conjoined
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Not real sure, AD is last thing I would think twice about but then again I guess USuC people so upset of Ray Tanner they think we are

Hell does not matter to me who Dabo hires, he has known both of these coaches would be HC one day and has his list

He seems to be very good a finding great people and has proven he will terminate someone if not up to par (Kevin Steele)

Some of y’all act like it’ll be a failure if it’s not a big time somebody with a proven track record. When he hired BV, how many times did we hear that he was an OU reject. I don’t want to look it up but for two years that’s what we heard. Y’all don’t think people were being groomed for this? These assistants are there and have learned from the best and just may have a few new things to try.

TE got a lot of crap this year for his play calling, deservedly so at times. However, after watching Ucanleaveanytime all season, I think he had to simplify and dumb things down. Ucantransferportalyourassoutnow is a terrible QB, they all see it and know it but it’s hard to just come out and say our QB is horrible and that’s why we’re struggling.

Let it play out.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’m not worried about the OC and DC. It’s all of the second and third tier staff that WE may lose to Oklahoma and Virginia as promotions. That is what affects continuity.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

It’s amazing what people forget salty dog. I will also add this. Dabo has never failed to cull a week coach. He has dealt with more than 1 over his tenure. He will get it right.

son2 says wes and streeter.
    he, like the boozer, doesnt like the OC choice. he would go with joe brady.

and my son is missing christmas for this silly football team...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

This is why Dabo is successful he thinks Championships and the Beamer think a Mayo Bowl.

https://twitter.com/thespursupshow/s...107698183?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    It’s amazing what people forget salty dog. I will also add this. Dabo has never failed to cull a week coach. He has dealt with more than 1 over his tenure. He will get it right.
    Spot on

I think we should go after Joe Brady…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I think yall should go after Joe Brady.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?