Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A She She Championship game

Pitt QB scored a touchdown at the end of the half.
    He ran the ball and faked like he was gonna slide. He juke out of it and scored a TD.

How is that legal?

Play through the whistle
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    He ran the ball and faked like he was gonna slide. He juke out of it and scored a TD.

How is that legal?
    He did that at the beginning of the game too. I think it’s a cheap move. It’s like a soccer flop.

He’s going to get a QBs head taken off.

If he tries that at the next level, if he gets a shot, it will be his head that will be taken off.

It’s like calling a fair catch, then running.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

now that was funny

I think it's safe to say Sam won't be going to New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    How many "fans" do you think will be there? Over/under 20,000? But then again, who cares.
    Way more than the second half of a u of sc game….

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    This thread is about conference championship football. SC or Clemson shouldn't be mentioned.
    Then why did you not ecu make the first mention of Clemson? Oh that's right, he always talks about them. It's like he's manically obsessed with big brother.

Such a sad existence.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Play through the whistle
    Agreed. One time I seen him do it there were 3 defenders nearby, caught all of em sleeping.

How is that legal?
    Since when is it illegal to outsmart your opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    He did that at the beginning of the game too. I think it’s a cheap move. It’s like a soccer flop.
    He outsmarted the defense, plain and simple. Not even comparable to a flop, NBA or soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    He’s going to get a QBs head taken off.

If he tries that at the next level, if he gets a shot, it will be his head that will be taken off.

It’s like calling a fair catch, then running.
    Don't think he'll be playing in the NFL anyway, if he does he's likely too smart to try it. QB did outrun the guys though, so he earned it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

I disagree. Today’s game is soooo lopsided to the offense, defenders are already at a disadvantage. Defenders are taught to stop as soon as the see the qb “give up.”

Like my example of the fair catch, the rule states ANY movement by the arm will be assumed to be a fair catch. Clemson had a td called back against wake forest for just that reason. Is was the right call.

The QB dropped his hips and began to drag his back leg in a deliberate attempt to deceive the defender. It should be a dead ball at the spot of the deception.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I disagree. Today’s game is soooo lopsided to the offense, defenders are already at a disadvantage. Defenders are taught to stop as soon as the see the qb “give up.”

Like my example of the fair catch, the rule states ANY movement by the arm will be assumed to be a fair catch. Clemson had a td called back against wake forest for just that reason. Is was the right call.

The QB dropped his hips and began to drag his back leg in a deliberate attempt to deceive the defender. It should be a dead ball at the spot of the deception.
    It’s already supposed to be dead at the start of the slide. Every time Pickett did that, it should have been called.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

How is that legal?
    He even did a pump fake and acted like he was going to throw. So shady. Who does that
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Look, it's not a rule. There's nothing to enforce. This is all coulda woulda crap. Did he slide? No.

He faked, like a fake punt or FG, or like J said a pump fake on a pass. Deception is the intent. And those defensive players got punked, plain and simple. Although the defense can't hit the QB when he starts to slide they can certainly tag em once he's down. So they have to start engaged until the play is over. Obviously the play wasn't over.

They fell asleep at the wheel, the QB is not to blame. The defenders are.

Do I think they'll look at making a rule change, possibly. Because the cupcakes of the college football world are crying about it. That's what we do these days. Cupcakes cry until they get their way and the rule makers hear the cries of the weak minded.

I can see a grey area that's up for debate. But at the moment the QB isn't breaking any rules. There are no unwritten rules in football.

Last edited by willyworm; 12-05-2021 at 09:03 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anyone that thinks it was an acceptable move is an idiot, period.

The slide rule is in place to protect the prima donnas so as soon as they start the slide two things happen; the ball is dead right there and they can’t be hit without the defense getting a personal foul penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Anyone that thinks it was an acceptable move is an idiot, period.

The slide rule is in place to protect the prima donnas so as soon as they start the slide two things happen; the ball is dead right there and they can’t be hit without the defense getting a personal foul penalty.

Talking about cupcakes, but defending the slide rule.

The cupcakes created the slide rule. The cupcakes need to abide by it.

It’s not like a fake punt or a pump fake, those are live football plays and the QB is not considered “defenseless.” Again the best parallel is fair catch. The returner gives himself up to the defense and in turn they can’t hit him. This is the same concept. Had he slid and been hit, it would be at least late hit and 15 yds if not targeting a DEFENSELESS player resulting in ejection.

Turnabout is fair play, you pull that play, let them review it. If it’s deemed intentional, he gets sent to the showers.

Let the offense deal with some subjective rules for a change.

There are several highlight reels at all levels of backs and wr’s feigning yielding/opting to step out of bounds prior facing contact and then trucking the defender. Plays like this have been going on forever… all part of the game an it’s fun watch.

Probably be a rule against the qb fake slibe next season though

Hitting out of bounds is a late hit. Hitting “defenseless” player is targeting and ejection.

From a 2016 article on the rule change.

5. Sliding ball carrier: defenseless player. There are several situations where a player is considered "defenseless" for purposes of the targeting rule. Examples include a pass receiver who is concentrating on catching the ball and a kick-return man awaiting a punt. This year, the committee added the ball carrier who has "obviously given himself up and is sliding feet-first."

What you need to know: This isn't exclusive to quarterbacks, but they're the first player you think of in these situations. Basically, if a quarterback is sliding, he's "giving himself up" and a hit on him will be considered targeting.

Drop targeting, drop the slide rule and let them play.

Drop targeting, drop the slide rule and let them play.
    dilly dilly