Thread: 12/30 Afternoon Hunt

Default 12/30 Afternoon Hunt

Going to be around Folly Beach/James Island area on the 30th for a fishing trip that am my wife wanted to go on. Looking to attach a little duck hunt that afternoon was thinking of taking my boat but I know nothing of that area as for as tides and water and most likely will end up stuck on a sand bar some place. So figured I would ask and see if anyone wanted some company that afternoon. Wife would not take a gun just would really enjoy to be out on the water more than anything. Thanks fellas.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

IMHO, your time would be better spent catching trout. The bite is crazy right now.
    DILLIGAF

I agree with that. Trout fishing is going to be way better than duck hunting here.

Going fishing that am so just wanted to be on the water. Gonna just take the boat with me and see what happens. Thanks for those that PM with info.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965